Author Topic: UPDATE: ROSTER MOVES 6/4/13..HROD DFA..Rendon Up...And More!  (Read 4829 times)

Offline madj55

I would think losing some weight to make a move from 3B to 2B would be pretty standard.
Zimmerman's power is fading (I know he just had a three homer game) as it is already, don't need him losing anymore weight/muscle.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline aspenbubba

We're talking about 2006, now. That's when they tried the Zimmerman at short experiment.   Guzman didn't play at all in 2006, and the Nats had to go acquire a shortstop (Clayton). And he didn't work out all that well, so they went and got Felipe Lopez.   I would assume that if they thought Zimmerman could play shortstop, he would have, and they wouldn't have had to make those moves.

FLop played 2nd when he had a mind to.

Offline Ray D

FLop played 2nd when he had a mind to.
No, he was a shortstop exclusively in 2006, and then most of 2007.  He was never very good at shortstop so eventually he was moved to second, I think around the time Guzman returned.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
RZ is considerably bigger than almost any 2b in the game right now.  Pretty sure his lateral move net would be an incredibly hard thing to overcome. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
RZ is considerably bigger than almost any 2b in the game right now.  Pretty sure his lateral move net would be an incredibly hard thing to overcome. 

http://therotation.sportsonearthblog.com/put-zimmerman-at-second/

Offline TigerFan

Has there ever been a really good second baseman at 6'3 230?

Offline mitlen

Has there ever been a really good second baseman at 6'3 230?

There weren't too many good 6'4" SS's either until Rip.   

Offline TigerFan

It could be a mindfact but it seems like since Ripken Jr did it there have been more and more.  Maybe it just takes the first bigger successful person to do it at second and you will see a slow transformation of that position too. 

Offline mitlen

Maybe it just takes the first bigger successful person to do it at second and you will see a slow transformation of that position too. 

That's Zim.   :)

Offline WCD9973

I dont know..I've heard the Zim to 2nd argument before, but does he really have the range for it?  No doubt he has great reaction time, but hes not fast. A middle infielder ideal can cover a lot more ground then Zim does at 3rd. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!