Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1 (Curly W)  (Read 20237 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
CRAP!! ... ok, Pedro, lock down, don't give these chumps life!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "wpa2629"
Quote from: "tomterp"
Quote from: "sportsfan882"
Astacio has to plunk Bonds now, it's only fair

That would be great.

Actually, it would be fairer if he plunked Lowry, but of course Lowry was replaced by a pinch hitter, the coward.

Yeah ...it would ... Lowry looked pissed ... someday I'll have to get the "unwritten baseball rules handbook" ...

We started a thread on the MLB board some weeks ago with that topic.  Like, every time the camera is pointed at you, you are required to immediately give your nuts a nice heft.

Offline sportsfan882

ugh.. Vizquel rbi triple

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Ok, that's enough, bring on Micah Bowie!

Offline sportsfan882

damn, we always have to give up the big lead

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
c'mon barry, flame out already ...

Offline sportsfan882

Ryan Wagner warming up in the pen

Offline PC

We should have pinch hit for Pedro!

Offline nats2playoffs

Bowden says it's the first time he's ever held a press conference to announce nothing.  Also, he says he discussed with Soriano that they did not want to have to break the bank to sign him, since they are trying to build a complete team, and that Soriano seemed optimistic something could be worked out.  (take THAT with a big ol' grain of salt)
Comments for those of you not listening to the radio broadcast.

What I heard was that Bowden said that when he and Kasten talked to Soriano to tell him he wasn't traded, they also said they wanted to build a winner.  Bowden said that Soriano said that he understood that they could not spend it all on him.  So I don't think we have to match a Yankees-type offer, but if we are reasonable and pursue winning, he'll give us a love-it-here Tom Brady-style discount.  I've felt this would happen for a long time.

Kasten should give season tickets to the Dominican Republic Embassy, if they don't have them already.  It could pay for itself many times over...  

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Man, bonds is just the worst, with that exagerated shift, all he has to do is poke it down the third base line and he swings for the fences and pops up ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Is this game crawling along? Only the bottom of the 5th ...

gozimm

Quote from: "PC"
We should have pinch hit for Pedro!

You expect to pinch hit for someone who had thrown 4 innings and around 50 pitches.  That would have been an idiotic move.  Its not like FR can see the future.

Offline sportsfan882

Could have been worse.. OK, now it's the pen's time  to shine

Offline PC

Quote from: "gozimm"
Its not like FR can see the future.

He can't???

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

seriously??

Offline sportsfan882

Quote from: "wpa2629"

seriously??

Yeah, they showed him on the SF broadcast

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Soriano!! ... OK GOOD JOB!! C'mon Felipe!!

Offline sportsfan882

Soriano with a hit off of Correia

Offline PC

That damned Correia is pitching again..

EDIT: At least we got a hit against him this time, though!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
One more hit than we got against Correia last time :) ... hopefully that's a good omen!

Offline sportsfan882

ack, Sori would have stolen that base by a mile

Offline hammondsnats

Alfie ... stud 2-4, 2 rbi tonight.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
Bowden says it's the first time he's ever held a press conference to announce nothing.  Also, he says he discussed with Soriano that they did not want to have to break the bank to sign him, since they are trying to build a complete team, and that Soriano seemed optimistic something could be worked out.  (take THAT with a big ol' grain of salt)
Comments for those of you not listening to the radio broadcast.

What I heard was that Bowden said that when he and Kasten talked to Soriano to tell him he wasn't traded, they also said they wanted to build a winner.  Bowden said that Soriano said that he understood that they could not spend it all on him.  So I don't think we have to match a Yankees-type offer, but if we are reasonable and pursue winning, he'll give us a love-it-here Tom Brady-style discount.  I've felt this would happen for a long time.

Kasten should give season tickets to the Dominican Republic Embassy, if they don't have them already.  It could pay for itself many times over...  

(Image removed from quote.)    (Image removed from quote.)    (Image removed from quote.)

from what I am hearing, Soriano is willing to frontload a lot of his contract money....

Offline PC

Pedro is still in...

Offline sportsfan882

Stanton warming up