Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 4  (Read 5547 times)

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 4
« Reply #350: July 01, 2018, 06:21:04 PM »
FP says that Harper will have a monster second half. I'm not betting on it.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #351: July 01, 2018, 06:23:38 PM »

The good news is Zimm will be back soon...  :hysterical:

Offline trangert418

• Quit Clowning Around
« Reply #352: July 01, 2018, 06:25:53 PM »
So why not go for the bunt hit there and, hopefully, at worst, runner on 2nd with 1 out?

I'd rather have Ray, who played a LOT of baseball at the highest level, agree with me........ ;)

Offline Expos

« Reply #353: July 01, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »
This team is so gutless. No heart. No killer instinct.

It's the main reason they kept getting owned in the playoffs.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #354: July 01, 2018, 06:45:50 PM »
FP says that Harper will have a monster second half. I'm not betting on it.
if by monster, he means something that is frightening and something you don't want to see, then i could see it.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #355: July 01, 2018, 06:47:21 PM »
I’m sorry guys. This is the most lifeless, depressing team I’ve ever seen. At least with those 100 loss teams, you knew what you were getting. This season is a colossal disappointment. Outside of Soto, what’s there to look forward to?

(Thought I would go read a mystery after the 5th. Now reading through the GDT. Oh, the agony. Oh, the humanity!)

I will be rooting for this team to match 1969, the first Washington baseball team to break .500 since about 1952. Ted's first season, got 86 wins. Right now, dave's team looks like it might win 81 if they can play the Mets and Marlins often enough.

Weak hitting, always trying for the 450 foot solo home run. Shaky starting pitching from Gio and Roark. Sloppy team, seems unfocused. Just like April. That's not from Severino's pace, no matter how FP repeats himself. The batting order changes every day: why?

I think Air Desmond is right. This team feels as dead as the Nats did during the 19 game losing streak in 1959.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #356: July 01, 2018, 07:24:00 PM »
With regard to Gio and Sevi, we can usually tell when Gio is inside his own head. We've seen it for five years or whatever.

This looked different. Unless he's just throwing Sevi under the bus. Which is possible.

Still, Gio's fault. He's in charge. He's gotta tell his catcher what he needs. I don't see them talking in the dugout.

(Thought I would go read a mystery after the 5th. Now reading through the GDT. Oh, the agony. Oh, the humanity!)

I will be rooting for this team to match 1969, the first Washington baseball team to break .500 since about 1952. Ted's first season, got 86 wins. Right now, dave's team looks like it might win 81 if they can play the Mets and Marlins often enough.

Weak hitting, always trying for the 450 foot solo home run. Shaky starting pitching from Gio and Roark. Sloppy team, seems unfocused. Just like April. That's not from Severino's pace, no matter how FP repeats himself. The batting order changes every day: why?

I think Air Desmond is right. This team feels as dead as the Nats did during the 19 game losing streak in 1959.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #357: July 01, 2018, 07:47:13 PM »
With regard to Gio and Sevi, we can usually tell when Gio is inside his own head. We've seen it for five years or whatever.

This looked different. Unless he's just throwing Sevi under the bus. Which is possible.

Still, Gio's fault. He's in charge. He's gotta tell his catcher what he needs. I don't see them talking in the dugout.

Would he have done the same thing to Weiters? He knows Severino is a young player so he feels he can throw him under the bus for his own mess and he'll get the benefit of the doubt.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #358: July 01, 2018, 07:57:38 PM »
I haven't read all the previous posts so if I am repeating something someone else posted my apologies. Though Gio won't be in the W-L column and only his ERA will reflect todays game I place 85 % of the loss on him and the remainder on Dave. He should have been pulled after the first batter walked and if not certainly after the second batter reached base.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #359: July 01, 2018, 08:01:31 PM »
This team is so gutless. No heart. No killer instinct.

It's the main reason they kept getting owned in the playoffs.

For some reason I believe I've seen this text copied and pasted into other threads as well.  :hysterical:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #360: July 02, 2018, 06:55:49 AM »
...this has been a very unful-Phil-ling series...