Author Topic: What are You or your kids going to be for Halloween  (Read 7510 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I don't have any kids but I'm curious as to what's going to be the popular costume this year?

Many go to Halloween parties, so if you're dressing up, what will you be?

We know who SpiderNat is going to be.  Unless he goes against character and goes as one of his arch enemies!   ;)

Offline kimnat

This will make spidey happy.  Andrew wants to be Spiderman this year.  Elisa wants to be Cinderella with the long gloves and Juliana wants to Casper!

Offline CALSGR8

Cool!  I was curious what the kids would be.  I didn't want to hijack another post in asking so I invented a new one! 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I don't have any kids but I'm curious as to what's going to be the popular costume this year?

My daughter is going to be a jedi.  My son wants to do something scary to visitors to our house, though we haven't thought of exactly what to do yet.  One year, I had a scull on a table, and used very light gauge fishing line to make the scull appear to levitate up off the table.  Once a group of teen girls approached it with caution, and I levitated it when they got close, sent them all screaming from the sidewalk.

Of course, now there is an expectation of something happening.  I'm open to suggestions from you guys on things to do. 

natsfan1a

That's funny! I will have to tell natsfan1c about that one. Seems like we put up more and more decorations each year, and there are more and more places carrying them.

One year, I had a scull on a table, and used very light gauge fishing line to make the scull appear to levitate up off the table.  Once a group of teen girls approached it with caution, and I levitated it when they got close, sent them all screaming from the sidewalk.

Of course, now there is an expectation of something happening.  I'm open to suggestions from you guys on things to do. 

Offline saltydad

Since we live in an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood, we miss the trick or treaters. But this year Mom, one of my brothers and I are going to be in LA next wweekend for a BD party for a 90 year old uncle. We weill also be attending my cousin's infamous annual halloween party. We are not happy to have to pack costumes (as we were told to do by my cousin) so my brother is just going to wear a mask, I'm bringing my white coat and stethoscope, and Mom wants to use her harem dancer costume she made 40+ years ago. LOL, she's lost so much height that the pants will probably come up to her chin! (as can be seen below).

[attachment deleted by admin]

natsfan1a

That's a hoot! Hope you have a great time!

Offline NatsAddict

We're going to complete our new coffin this weekend.  The kids have to come up to the "altar" to get their candy.  I'll be dressed as the grim reaper with a Scream mask and skeletal gloves.  The altar has a skeletal candelabra and fog machines going.  The jack-o-lantern will be the dead body in the coffin.  The fog will hide some of the spiders and bats that are hung about 4 or 5 feet above the ground.  The front yard will have a bunch of tombstones.  We were planning on having the kids reach into the guts (actually scrunched up red jello in a semi-clear plastic box that was illuminated from beneath) of the corpse to get their candy.  But, there is a case of that staph infection at the nearby elementary school, so we'll be handing it out instead.

I make the kids at least earn their treat - I don't hand out candy until they said, "Trick or Treat."   About 10 or 15 years ago, one little guy came dressed as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.  Neither myself nor his mother could get a peep out of him.  So I asked him what a Ninja does.  That got to him, and he demonstrated a karate kick.  And I went to the garage to get the ladder so I could get his shoe off my roof.

Offline ronnynat

I'm going as Barf from Spaceballs:

:)

Offline kimnat

Hey Salty, your mom is really sweet looking!  I bet she has you wrapped around her tiny pinkie finger!

Offline saltydad

Hey Salty, your mom is really sweet looking!  I bet she has you wrapped around her tiny pinkie finger!

But of course! (except for he little problem of memory loss, which can be trying at times :?

nospinzone1

I AGREE

nospinzone1

WE DONT HAVE KIDS...I LL JUST LET MARIA TAKE HER BROOM OUT OF MOTHBALLS AND TAKE HER TRICK OR TREATING.....

JUST KIDDING!!!

Offline CALSGR8

But of course! (except for he little problem of memory loss, which can be trying at times :?

Yes it can be trying at times.  It's nice she's willing to get in the spirit of Halloween though.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
My nephew Camden (who I'm very close to) is going as Scooby Doo.

I'm going as Hunter S. Thompson.  Might even shave my head for the substitute teacher look too.

Offline ronnynat

I'm going as Hunter S. Thompson.  Might even shave my head for the substitute teacher look too.

(Image removed from quote.)

respect!  :thumbs:

Offline CALSGR8

With all the costumes and scary ideas, this is a better thread than I thought it was going to be!   :thumbs:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
That's excellent!  What a pistol!!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
I'm going as a purple elephant!

Offline kimnat

I thought you were gonna say purple people eater, one eyed!

Offline CALSGR8

I saw this on Daryl Cagel's Political Cartoon site.  Poor kids!  Healthy Halloween!

Offline ZIM4MVP

im going as D. Young

Offline saltydad

I should show what my son wore last year. his costume will be apparent even if you don't recognize him in the 1st pic (he's on the left):

And the year before this was his costume:

Offline CALSGR8

:rofl:

So it was written, so it shall be done!  Where have I heard that one before?  Hmm?  :roll:  :rofl: