Author Topic: First visit to the Nationals Park  (Read 877 times)

Offline kingofflow

First visit to the Nationals Park
« Topic Start: May 04, 2015, 01:31:47 PM »
I am from Toronto and here dc for a couple of months. I am going to the Jays game next month, I was wondering if i go early, would I be able to get autographs/take photos with away team players? What about home players? would I need dugout seats to go down near the players even before the game? I got a seat on section 115.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Re: First visit to the Nationals Park
« Reply #1: May 04, 2015, 10:55:37 PM »
I am from Toronto and here dc for a couple of months. I am going to the Jays game next month, I was wondering if i go early, would I be able to get autographs/take photos with away team players? What about home players? would I need dugout seats to go down near the players even before the game? I got a seat on section 115.

Maybe...if you are down at the rail, waving a Jays cap. CALSGR8 had a long chat with Ian Desmond, Nats' shortstop, when he noticed her wearing a Desmond tee-shirt at an away game. Signed his batting gloves and gave them to her. She might have more details, but I think she went to the Caps / Rangers game tonight -- a 1 - 0 Caps win, by the way. A good sports night in Washington.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #2: May 05, 2015, 07:42:10 AM »
I think you would need to get there pretty early to have access to the dugout area without a dugout area ticket. During the game, the Nationals are very aggressive about ensuring that nobody enters the higher priced sections without a ticket for that section.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #3: May 05, 2015, 10:01:55 AM »

There are a lot of threads with good information.   I'll see if I can dig some up.   In the meantime, I'm sure one of our tech savyy members will figure it out before I do.   Meanwhile, it's time to hit some golf balls.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #4: May 05, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »

Get there when the gates open and catch BP balls in the outfield and then head down to the lower bowl as soon as those sections open to get photos and autographs.  On the Nats side Desmond is REALLY good about photos and signings.  Like, he'll take a picture, sign your stuff, and chat with you if he gets out on the field early enough.  Some players (Zimm, Werth) will just ignore you but you're not missing much if they do.

If you hang out in the outfield and get their attention most guys will either throw you a ball or sign autographs, though some will just ignore you.  At Camden Yards a couple of years ago Joey Bats was really awesome talking with and signing for kids in the outfield section we were in for that game.  At Nats Park Blue and I harassed poor Franklin Gutierrez and Todd Coffey to the point they almost jumped into the stands to go to Good Guys with us.  Just get there early and be cool and you'll have a great time.

If you have the money, get seats in one of the club sections and check out all of the really awesome DC baseball memorabilia.  The seats in the 200-level club are padded and shaded but the club section is just ok.  In the lower bowl the club section is really, really nice and there's usually something cool going on down there after the game.  A couple of years ago Tyler Clippard was hitting the buffet and talking with fans after a day game.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #5: May 05, 2015, 10:15:48 AM »
Go get Mike Isabella's sammiches. SOooooooo goood

Offline tswphoto

• Sitting out the wave.
« Reply #6: May 05, 2015, 10:27:40 AM »

The CF gates open 2.5 hours prior to game time.  If it's a typical 7:05 game the Nats will be taking BP when the gates open.  Hang out, try to catch a ball.  About an hour later they'll open the rest of the stadium and you might be able to get down to the visitor's dugout area, but like others said, eventually they'll kick you out if you don't have a ticket for that area. 

Offline kingofflow

« Reply #7: May 05, 2015, 12:10:56 PM »
Thanks all! :D

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #8: May 05, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »
The CF gates open 2.5 hours prior to game time.  If it's a typical 7:05 game the Nats will be taking BP when the gates open.  Hang out, try to catch a ball.  About an hour later they'll open the rest of the stadium and you might be able to get down to the visitor's dugout area, but like others said, eventually they'll kick you out if you don't have a ticket for that area.

That's right.  Usually, if you're honest and direct with the usher they'll let you down for a half hour starting 90 minutes before the game.  Or maybe you can lie, I don't know, but the honest approach works for me. 

Just a thought, maybe you should go to another game as a practice run.