Author Topic: Wander Franco  (Read 275 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Wander Franco
« Topic Start: August 17, 2023, 09:46:40 AM »
Héctor Gómez
@hgomez27
A person very close to the investigations into the case of Wander Franco: "It will be very unlikely that Wander Franco will play in MLB again, judging by the results of the investigations that are currently being carried out, which directly commit him to the accusations against him.

Between the Franco story, and the news yesterday that Shane McClanahan is heading for TJ, what started out as a historic season for the Rays has turned into an absolute disaster.

Offline Count Walewski

Re: Wander Franco
« Reply #1: August 17, 2023, 10:41:10 AM »
I tried not to rush to judgment on this one (given how we all rushed to judgment on Marcel Ozuna, only for him to be somewhat exonerated later) but everything that's leaked about this situation sounds very bad. I don't know what prisons are like in the Dominican Republic where I believe the alleged acts took place.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2: August 17, 2023, 10:49:15 PM »
If the over under on future major league games for Wander Franco is one, I would bet a significant amount of my net worth on the under.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #3: August 18, 2023, 09:47:59 AM »
If the over under on future major league games for Wander Franco is one, I would bet a significant amount of my net worth on the under.
Allegations are no joke here. This is significantly different from all the other "off the field issues" we've seen players commit before. Many are self inflicted and have significant mental health concerns, like drug and alcohol use, gambling problems, etc. Other issues where altercations happen between ADULTS, sometimes consenting and sometimes not (looking at Trevor Bauer on that one, as he's got more of the former but still potentially some of the latter), have been shown, but anything involving a minor is far and away in my mind the worst. My BiL is a Corrections Officer and has told me many times, the lowest of low in the "ranks" of jail, are those that prey on minors.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #4: August 18, 2023, 10:05:51 AM »
He’s scum. 

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #5: December 28, 2023, 12:49:05 AM »
Looking bad for Wander Franco. The DR police are looking for him but haven't found him yet. This from the DR police:

"Dominican MLB reporter Hector Gomez said on X, formerly known as Twitter, Tuesday that "new evidence has been found in the case of Wander Franco that further implicates him in the accusations that have been made against him of alleged relationships with minors.""

We've probably seen the last of Wander.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #7: January 20, 2024, 10:54:25 PM »
I just read a long article on the Franco situation. The more details you get the worse it gets. The one thing I don't understand is there are things in the article the now 15 year-old girl told the psychologist. In what world is what a 15 year-old girl tell her psychologist about a horrible situation made public?