Author Topic: Who will be on the 26 man roster Opening Day?  (Read 2183 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
So Rizzo could not trade someone to Miami for Nunez? What about Armando Cruz, the Nats "home-grown" version of Nunez? Or Made?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

One starter with an ERA under 5.50...yeesh...

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
pretty decent bullpen. was a good competition.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

In some respects a repeat of last season. (1) Shaky starting pitching, (2) reasonably good relief pitching that will be overworked due to #1 and won't last down the stretch, and (3) the anti-"three true outcomes" lineup (the 2023 Nats hitters were 1st in fewest Ks, 15th in walks and 15th in HRs).

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I don't know. This line up should have more pop than last year. that's not saying a ton, but Cincinnati Winker and Rosario last year had pop,  and Cincinnati Winker took some walks (just didn't K that much). Gallo of course over Dom is a bet on TTO.

Irvin I hope is an upgrade over Kuhl, but the rotation is basically identical. We just have to expect Gore to continue to develop and hope Gray can figure out an effective mix of pitches. As for the bullpen, I think it should be deeper. There's some good arms who did not make the team that are sitting behind these guys. Barnes is maybe this year's Doo in terms of being a high lev reliever coming off injuries and a bit of down performance. He's a big time wild card. Rainey has me worried a bit, but there's no need for him to take high leverage situations right away.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
The Nats have 28 players listed on their active roster right now, so there are 2 more moves coming. Garrett has yet to placed on the IL, but he's obviously going to the 10 day IL for now. Strasburg is not yet on the IL as well. Procedurally, I don't think they can put Stas on the 60 day IL until they replace him with another player, so maybe they are holding off on the 60 day IL designation until they need a roster slot. It's just surprising that they 60 day IL'd Ferrer and Cavalli before doing it to Stras.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
with stone to the 10 day IL and Stras to the 60, the 26 man roster is set for opening day.

SP (5) - Gray, Corbin, Irvin, Gore, Williams
BP (8 ) - Finnegan, Harvey, Garcia, Floro, Rainey, Weems, Law, M. Barnes
OF (4) - Thomas, Robles, Rosario, Winker
IF (6) - Gallo, Garcia, Abrams, Senzel, Vargas, Nunez
C (2) - Ruiz, Adams
DH (1) - Meneses

/thread.