Author Topic: Tanner Roark is my favorite Nat of all time ever.  (Read 2380 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Offline houston-nat

My personal ranking is

1. Livan Hernandez
<-------------------------

Offline houston-nat

But Tanner Roark is #1 for Jason Reitman lookaliking

Offline DPMOmaha

Don't ruin the moment.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Tanner is showing the true grit of being a teammate

Don't ruin the moment.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
TANNER TANNER

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Scorched GCS on three pitches after making it look like a pitch-around. Damn. Who the hell knew?

Offline tswphoto

• Sitting out the wave.
Scorched GCS on three pitches after making it look like a pitch-around. Damn. Who the hell knew?

Good fun.  But Stanton won't forget it.   :mg:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
He looks like a younger version of Dante from "Clerks".  Still, he's a total bad ass.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!

Well, it was a pitch around. GCS was overly aggressive, and Roark exploited it with balls that looked like they could be strikes. Good pitching, and he beat a batter looking to do it all himself. Good pitchers take advantage of hitters' aggressiveness. That's why you don't groove pitches as a closer when you know everyone is up there swinging for the fences. He had great command, and located perfectly.

Offline Ray D

But didn't the count go to 3-0?

Offline shoeshineboy

Yup. And GCS wasn't content with taking a walk. Roark didn't really give in, and GCS swung at ball four more than once.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Yup. And GCS wasn't content with taking a walk. Roark didn't really give in, and GCS swung at ball four more than once.

Strike one was the missed opportunity for GCS - Roark grooved one and GCS must've assumed it was the old unintentional intentional.  Then Roark had him right where he wanted him because the next two were sliders low and away that GCS went fishing on.  It was actually a really well called sequence and brilliant execution by Roark.

Offline Ray D

It was actually a really well called sequence

Who was catching?  (I didn't see the game.)

Offline PC

Who was catching?  (I didn't see the game.)

Ramos.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Ziegfeld’s Secrets must have had some special performers last night.

Offline Ray D

Ramos.
Wait.  Actually, now I recall I was watching it in I think the 8th.  Ramos dropped a throw from Harper letting a run score, then Espinosa kicked a ground ball letting another run score and I got disgusted.    I have a pact with my wife. When I get nasty about the Nats we change the channel. So I didn't see the rest of the game.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
And the Park was into it. Loud and chippy.
Strike one was the missed opportunity for GCS - Roark grooved one and GCS must've assumed it was the old unintentional intentional.  Then Roark had him right where he wanted him because the next two were sliders low and away that GCS went fishing on.  It was actually a really well called sequence and brilliant execution by Roark.

Offline shoeshineboy

It will be a highlight when Ramos doesn't drop a throw.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

Roark was luring Stanton into the K...or, maybe, not really aiming at the strikeout but willing to accept it. If only Roark could hit.300...

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
Bump for Tanner's awesomeness.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
he demoted him to Mike