Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1  (Read 18338 times)

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1
« Reply #450: August 07, 2015, 10:41:41 PM »
But Drew had already walked a batter and given up 2 hits, obviously he didn't have it. That in conjunction with CarGo's skills and the score (and bases loaded) should have dictated the change in strategy.

Thank you. I seem to remember a certain other time when Drew obviously lost it and should have been switched, but wasn't and resulted in an awful loss.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #451: August 07, 2015, 10:41:53 PM »

Anybody know the email address for Phil Wood's show?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #452: August 07, 2015, 10:45:01 PM »
Badhair@masn.com.

Offline PC

« Reply #453: August 07, 2015, 10:46:39 PM »

Nats Talk Contact Information:
To contact Phil Wood and the Nats Talk Show, you can call 855.458.0300 or email at natstalk@masnstudios.com.

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #454: August 07, 2015, 10:50:10 PM »
What did Matt say after the game?

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #455: August 07, 2015, 10:53:46 PM »
something about tomorrow.

Bryce says you have Werth and Zim coming up after him so pick your poison.

Offline PC

« Reply #456: August 07, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »

Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow

Offline PC

« Reply #457: August 07, 2015, 11:01:19 PM »
something about tomorrow.

Bryce says you have Werth and Zim coming up after him so pick your poison.

If I had a vote for NL MVP, I couldn't vote for Bryce Harper.  People who don't watch every Nationals game closely and just look at the numbers and think he's having a great season but watching him every game, what happened at the last at bat seem to happen a lot, more than other "top" players.  I'm sure it's pure mindfact and I'm just overly familiar with his at bats.

I understand he's having an outstanding season....but this end was so devastating tonight.

This one's going to hurt for a while.

Offline madj55

« Reply #458: August 07, 2015, 11:06:42 PM »
Left after the 8th. Couldn't believe Storen blew that crap. freak everyone.

Offline sizzlin

« Reply #459: August 07, 2015, 11:07:18 PM »
If I had a vote for NL MVP, I couldn't vote for Bryce Harper.  People who don't watch every Nationals game closely and just look at the numbers and think he's having a great season but watching him every game, what happened at the last at bat seem to happen a lot, more than other "top" players.  I'm sure it's pure mindfact and I'm just overly familiar with his at bats.

I understand he's having an outstanding season....but this end was so devastating tonight.

This one's going to hurt for a while.

If we had an actual cleanup hitter behind him it would help a heck of a lot in situations like that. He wouldn't have to press (like he did) and could just play the strikezone.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #460: August 07, 2015, 11:09:07 PM »
it's time for the Nats to trade for CarGo.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #461: August 07, 2015, 11:12:26 PM »
Nats Talk Contact Information:
To contact Phil Wood and the Nats Talk Show, you can call 855.458.0300 or email at natstalk@masnstudios.com.

Thanks, PC...

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #462: August 07, 2015, 11:14:10 PM »
it's time for the Nats to trade for CarGo.

He's good, but we've got enough "injured good" players.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #463: August 07, 2015, 11:40:36 PM »
Traded Harper for Goldschmidt today. With no one protecting him, I don't see Harper getting the chances Goldschmidt will create for himself just by stealing the extra bags that Bryce doesn't.

Offline BeltwayBaseball

• I want to get off Ted & Mark's Wild Ride
« Reply #464: August 08, 2015, 12:03:46 AM »
Tonight, I took my little sister out for her birthday. She likes the Rockies, or at least doesn't hate them, because their mascot is a dinosaur. Anyway, used my free partial plan holder scoreboard message to put her name up on there and the Nats were playing a heck of a game, first time she got to see her favorite player (Werth) this year, Bryce is killing it, Zim is doing damage, that endless wave thing they had going was hilarious and they worked the bases loaded, life is good.

Then, in a fifteen minute span, she was harassed by two drunks, she spilled a woman's drink all over herself and the lady and spent the next ten minutes trying to make up for it, and Drew Storen gave up the grand-slam homer to put 'em away for the night. The rest of the evening was spent watching the umpire screw everybody, but mostly the Nats (Werth would have scored if he had gotten the walk on that 3-1 pitch which looked half a foot below the strike zone to me) and hearing a drunk Rockies fan behind us scream on and on about how bad the Nats had choked to the "AAA Rockies" and go on about how the city of Washington would never have a World Series championship.

Got dayum. At least the fireworks were nice. :(

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
« Reply #465: August 08, 2015, 12:25:39 AM »
Tonight, I took my little sister out for her birthday. She likes the Rockies, or at least doesn't hate them, because their mascot is a dinosaur. Anyway, used my free partial plan holder scoreboard message to put her name up on there and the Nats were playing a heck of a game, first time she got to see her favorite player (Werth) this year, Bryce is killing it, Zim is doing damage, that endless wave thing they had going was hilarious and they worked the bases loaded, life is good.

Then, in a fifteen minute span, she was harassed by two drunks, she spilled a woman's drink all over herself and the lady and spent the next ten minutes trying to make up for it, and Drew Storen gave up the grand-slam homer to put 'em away for the night. The rest of the evening was spent watching the umpire screw everybody, but mostly the Nats (Werth would have scored if he had gotten the walk on that 3-1 pitch which looked half a foot below the strike zone to me) and hearing a drunk Rockies fan behind us scream on and on about how bad the Nats had choked to the "AAA Rockies" and go on about how the city of Washington would never have a World Series championship.

Is her Werth her favorite player because he looks like a cro-magnom man?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #466: August 08, 2015, 08:09:25 AM »
Imagine if you had been in Baltimore. The lady would have insisted that your sister pay for the drink, and the drunks would have thrown up on her.

Sorry about the bad experience. 

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #467: August 08, 2015, 10:18:10 AM »
"Those are the breaks"

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #468: August 08, 2015, 12:25:55 PM »
Argh. I watched through the top of the 7th...saw Jannsen finish the inning, went to bed thinking "We've got this plus the Mets are a run down". Had just walked in the door from a long vacation...from STL, where someone joked that my shirt (a Livo) had the right color but the wrong logo. Said, "The Curly W will prevail!".

Haven't gone though the play-by-play, but when Storen put the second guy on base isn't that the time for a relief pitcher? Don't other managers do that????

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #469: August 08, 2015, 12:45:30 PM »
Argh. I watched through the top of the 7th...saw Jannsen finish the inning, went to bed thinking "We've got this plus the Mets are a run down". Had just walked in the door from a long vacation...from STL, where someone joked that my shirt (a Livo) had the right color but the wrong logo. Said, "The Curly W will prevail!".

Haven't gone though the play-by-play, but when Storen put the second guy on base isn't that the time for a relief pitcher? Don't other managers do that????
When Storen doesn't have it--he really doesn't have it--and should have been taken out. Plus the Cargo .167 vs lefties factor.