Author Topic: Deaths of famous people (2024)  (Read 2230 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Deaths of famous people (2024)
« Reply #75: April 11, 2024, 01:06:01 PM »
Same!

I see OJ, and he scared! Oh, and Baba Booey to y'all.
:thumbs:

Did you see Al Michaels when he went on Stern to discuss the call? He talked about how he knew pretty much right away, from the tone of the guy's voice, that it was a prank call but he was in a different location and had no way to let ABC or Peter Jennings know that the call was a fake, so he just rode it out until the end when he was able to finally jump in.

In a later interview he said:

This is the whole country watching a prank call on network television. In any conversation of great prank calls, it is in the conversation. People know me from a hockey game, from an earthquake, from the O.J chase. The fact that I have done multiple Olympics, eight World Series, eight Super Bowls and a ninth coming this year, is kind of shoved off to the side. It is a hockey game, an earthquake and the O.J. case (laughs). I was trying to parse so carefully what I was saying that when the prank call was over I used words like “lest” and “farcical.' I love being in New York because there’s always fans yelling to me that “It’s totally farcical, Al!”