Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1  (Read 48492 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #875: April 06, 2009, 07:40:31 PM »
oh and all of you nagging about the bonifacio trade...stfu. bonifacio will never had that good of a hitting game again in his life.
:rofl: It's probably true, although I AM having flashes of Hanley Ramirez right now.  Ramirez was more highly touted, but had similar numbers and such before going to Florida and they turned him to gold.

If that happens to Bonfacio, ACK! :shock: And it's not like we got Josh Beckett in return.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #876: April 06, 2009, 07:40:36 PM »
didn't bonifacio tear it up for a week when he first joined us?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #877: April 06, 2009, 07:40:41 PM »
go freak yourself manny. he just said "go check the numbers, no one can stop hanley".

stupid nag. Who gives a freak what the other teams do against Hanley? Your team bends over for him time and time again. they don't learn from their mistakes.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #878: April 06, 2009, 07:41:22 PM »
He was definitely off today. no excuses, that was abysmal. the defense freaked him good though. Dunn's botch in the OF set the tone for the entire game.

:rofl:

I used to like how you told it like it was, for better or for worse.  Now, you have your man-crushes, and hate unnecessarily on everyone else.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #879: April 06, 2009, 07:41:28 PM »
didn't bonifacio tear it up for a week when he first joined us?
yep. he's a good hitter though. I liked what I saw from him. He plays great D, has good speed, and knows how to hit the ball. Not a power hitter but he will be a career +.300 BA hitter.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #880: April 06, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »
Kearns in center, Willingham in right.  Kearns more than makes up for his lack of plus speed by making excellent reads on the ball off the bat.  As for Willingham, he's certainly better than Milledge or Dukes, especially the way those two are performing right now.
Except Manny-ger is too chickencrap to play Kearns at center. :?

He's only ever tried it ONCE, and Kearns played a brilliant game out there, but he refuses to try it again.

Offline mbeane19

• I reserve the right to be wrong, always.
« Reply #881: April 06, 2009, 07:41:47 PM »
Regarding 2k6nats proposed lineup:

I see NJ as a 3 and Zimm as a 5 (really a 6). We are stuck w/out a true leadoff (yes, I will accept the award for most obvious post of the day regarding no leadoff hitter)

MrMadison

« Reply #882: April 06, 2009, 07:42:33 PM »
UMD - yes. and then he turned back into clark kent for the rest of the season.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #883: April 06, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »
That might be the slowest lineup EVER. :lol:

And when Nick goes down and Dmitri gets called up.  :shock:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #884: April 06, 2009, 07:44:08 PM »
Regarding 2k6nats proposed lineup:

I see NJ as a 3 and Zimm as a 5 (really a 6). We are stuck w/out a true leadoff (yes, I will accept the award for most obvious post of the day regarding no leadoff hitter)

I see 1 as a speed/OBP spot, 2 as a pure OBP spot, 3 as the best contact hitter, 4 as the best power hitter.  From then on, best hitters go in order.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #885: April 06, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
i actually feel bad for lannan. he sounds really choked up about it.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #886: April 06, 2009, 07:45:20 PM »

I was just about to post that very thing.

Edit: it's probably a good thing they killed the interview.

MrMadison

« Reply #887: April 06, 2009, 07:45:59 PM »
hey Sportsfan - didnt Zimmerman have like TWO THROWING ERRORS? in addition to going 0-4? yet all you can talk about is Dunn, even though he WAS the entire offense today? yes, dunn sucks defensively. we did not sign him for his defense. get the freak over it.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #888: April 06, 2009, 07:46:17 PM »
yep. he's a good hitter though. I liked what I saw from him. He plays great D, has good speed, and knows how to hit the ball. Not a power hitter but he will be a career +.300 BA hitter.

It seems like you like him (and hate the trade we made) a lot more today than you did before. You really shouldn't do that stuff. You'll drive yourself crazy if you change your opinion of players/trades/teams every day.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #889: April 06, 2009, 07:46:19 PM »
:shock: I feel bad for him too, but damn.  For one, I'm surprised.  I thought he was more of an "ice through his veins" type of guy.

For another, he absolutely HAS to be more stoic than that as a starting pitcher.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #890: April 06, 2009, 07:46:46 PM »
hey Sportsfan - didnt Zimmerman have like TWO THROWING ERRORS? in addition to going 0-4? yet all you can talk about is Dunn, even though he WAS the entire offense today? yes, dunn sucks defensively. we did not sign him for his defense. get the freak over it.
You are talking to a wall.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #891: April 06, 2009, 07:47:15 PM »
After the game got out of hand I fast forwarded through the rest of the game. I didn't see RZ's errors. what happened?

Dunn was good offensively today but that error in the first hurt A LOT. He's obviously not the reason we lost. That falls on St. Claire and the pitching staff.

Offline zoom

« Reply #892: April 06, 2009, 07:48:09 PM »
I was just about to post that very thing.

Edit: it's probably a good thing they killed the interview.

about what...the loss?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #893: April 06, 2009, 07:48:13 PM »
It seems like you like him (and hate the trade we made) a lot more today than you did before. You really shouldn't do that stuff. You'll drive yourself crazy if you change your opinion of players/trades/teams every day.
I was a big fan of EB when he was here. I only liked the trade when it was made because I thought we were getting 2 good ML players in return. That has not proven to be the case.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #894: April 06, 2009, 07:48:16 PM »
:shock: I feel bad for him too, but damn.  For one, I'm surprised.  I thought he was more of an "ice through his veins" type of guy.

For another, he absolutely HAS to be more stoic than that as a starting pitcher.

That's youth.

« Reply #895: April 06, 2009, 07:48:52 PM »

Did he cry? Did he pull a Wily Mo?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #896: April 06, 2009, 07:48:55 PM »

Someone posted this earlier in the thread, would like to update:

Dunn Defensive Miscues: 1
Dunn Homers: 1

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #897: April 06, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
I can't wait until Zimmermann gets here.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #898: April 06, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »

that's sad. his entire family was there watching. he was given the responsibility of starting opening day and he choked. that's two rough starts in a row for him. He needs to bounce back strong in Atlanta.

MrMadison

« Reply #899: April 06, 2009, 07:49:49 PM »
sportsfan - what happened was, Zimmerman played like crap in every aspect. convienient that you 'didnt see it' but you saw everything dunn did, and you saw flores' late inning hit.