Author Topic: The ZDK Trade Proposal Extravaganza Thread To End All Threads #OhYeah  (Read 42117 times)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Robles, Fedde, Kieboom, Difo, Ross, Difo, Taylor, Antuna, 

FOR

Bumgarner, Posey, McCutchen, Strickland, Longoria

if the giants tank.  lots of salary relief for them.

That's...amazing.   

A top prospect, a Tommy John survivor with a mid/back-end rotation projection, not even sure which Kieboom, another mid-rotation Tommy John victim (at best) who hasn't been effective since 2016, three utility infielders (at this point, Antuna looks to me like a third Difo - questionable as to whether he can play SS, needs a lot of work at the plate), and a fourth outfielder who plays a legitimately good CF.

for

a 27-year old 4-time all-star starter with a team option for next year at a massively below-market salary, the best catcher in baseball over the last 10 years (who is still only 31), a former superstar who is a rental but OPSed .849 last season, a Gold Glove third baseman signed for 4 more years on what is still a below-market deal even taking into account his decline, plus a 25-year-old back-end reliever under team control until 2022.

For that package, you'd be lucky to get Bumgarner alone, and there's no chance you'd get Posey, much less both of them - and leaving aside the others.   That package is less than the Nats traded for their designated DL midget, and the designated DL midget (when healthy sometime in 2024) would be at best the third best player in that group coming back from the Giants.

In summary, I love it.  I love everything about it.   But maybe we could throw in Wieters?