Author Topic: 2022 MLB Post-season  (Read 12469 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: 2022 MLB Post-season
« Reply #400: October 24, 2022, 05:59:30 PM »
Really? I like Bryce and I like Dusty, I'm looking forward to this series! Just wish it was starting tomorrow and not freaking Friday, seriously can MLB do any more to kill people's interest??
I think it’s all about Fox. They want to guarantee the spots. No games on Sundays so they don’t compete with the NFL. A couple days off would be nice but 4 is too much. I blame the Yankees.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #401: October 24, 2022, 06:25:56 PM »
WS Schedule was set at the beginning of the playoffs. If the ALCS had gone to 7 games, there would have been just one off day to prepare.

It'd be nice if MLB was able to reschedule series when prior rounds end early, but that does not appear to be a thing.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #402: October 25, 2022, 10:23:44 AM »
Absolutely ridiculous to have WS games in freaking November.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #403: October 25, 2022, 10:45:54 AM »

They did that the last time the Phillies were in it in 2009

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #404: October 25, 2022, 02:39:17 PM »
Blame whomever you blame for the lockout.

Offline blue911

« Reply #405: October 25, 2022, 02:48:08 PM »
Blame whomever you blame for the lockout.

The Unitarians?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #406: October 25, 2022, 02:50:17 PM »
The Unitarians?
What week was it scheduled for originally?  Previous week?  I don’t recall.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #407: October 25, 2022, 05:49:25 PM »
The Unitarians?

It's a worldwide Masonic conspiracy, organized by a cabal of.... ;)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #408: October 25, 2022, 08:59:57 PM »
It's a worldwide Masonic conspiracy, organized by a cabal of.... ;)

Funny I’m actually in the middle of Dan brown’s “angels and demons” now.

Offline English Natsie

« Reply #409: October 26, 2022, 05:56:48 PM »
Funny I’m actually in the middle of Dan brown’s “angels and demons” now.

I may have misunderstood, but doesn't Brown think that DC is a completely Masonic city (hidden Masonic symbols and messages in the street plan, architecture, and so on) ?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #410: October 26, 2022, 08:44:37 PM »
George Mason.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #411: October 27, 2022, 01:49:01 AM »
I may have misunderstood, but doesn't Brown think that DC is a completely Masonic city (hidden Masonic symbols and messages in the street plan, architecture, and so on) ?

One of his books in the series takes place in DC but I haven’t read it yet. Angels and Demons involves the Masons and the Illuminati.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #412: October 27, 2022, 09:33:09 AM »

From what I can tell, yes, he's pretty much all in on the idea that the Masons secretly run everything.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #413: October 27, 2022, 11:33:25 AM »
As with many other things, Brown is hardly treading new ground in his works. You can find stories about the secret Masonic history of DC going back decades, even centuries. Some aspects are true, since many of the Founders and later American political leaders were Freemasons, as were many of the designers and builders who worked on building the city, so Masonic symbols are found all over the place. Just look at the reverse of the dollar bill.

The street plan itself is more a matter of correlation rather than causation, as modern Freemasonry evolved in the same 18th century Enlightenment environment that influenced the Founders and artists, architects and planners. The use of geometric shapes in designing cities, with grids and traffic circles, etc., imposing rational design on the local environment rather than following nature, was a very Enlightenment viewpoint, and correlated with Masonic symbolism of God as the Geometer of the universe.

Aspects of this actually predate the Enlightenment and reflect the influence of Renaissance thought, especially the Italian and French Renaissance garden. L'Enfant was influenced by the design of Versailles, for example.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #414: October 27, 2022, 11:40:48 AM »
iirc, L'Enfant pitched the idea of a grid with diagonal street meeting in circles as a method of mob control.  The circles were supposed to be places to place cannons to shoot at mobs. Very French.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #415: October 27, 2022, 11:43:05 AM »
I thought the circles were where he put his brandy glass while drawing the map?
iirc, L'Enfant pitched the idea of a grid with diagonal street meeting in circles as a method of mob control.  The circles were supposed to be places to place cannons to shoot at mobs. Very French.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #416: October 27, 2022, 12:48:56 PM »
Fools.

I run everything.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #417: October 27, 2022, 01:36:59 PM »
That is something I have seen specifically associated with the rebuilding of Paris under Emperor Napoleon III, destroying the old medieval neighborhoods and replacing them with the broad avenues seen today.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #418: October 27, 2022, 04:40:20 PM »
Fast forward 100 years to the Algiers casbah & it seems he was correct in that regard
That is something I have seen specifically associated with the rebuilding of Paris under Emperor Napoleon III, destroying the old medieval neighborhoods and replacing them with the broad avenues seen today.

Offline English Natsie

« Reply #419: October 27, 2022, 05:51:44 PM »

The street plan itself is more a matter of correlation rather than causation, as modern Freemasonry evolved in the same 18th century Enlightenment environment that influenced the Founders and artists, architects and planners. The use of geometric shapes in designing cities, with grids and traffic circles, etc., imposing rational design on the local environment rather than following nature, was a very Enlightenment viewpoint, and correlated with Masonic symbolism of God as the Geometer of the universe.

I seem to recall that Brown was trying to claim that there were hidden Masonic patterns to be found in DC, by drawing lines between significant landmarks - of course, you could do the same in any city, and get the same effect...

If visiting DC, I'll practise my funny handshakes beforehand... ;)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #420: October 27, 2022, 07:25:20 PM »
I seem to recall that Brown was trying to claim that there were hidden Masonic patterns to be found in DC, by drawing lines between significant landmarks - of course, you could do the same in any city, and get the same effect...

we have grants for silly walks.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #421: October 27, 2022, 07:43:11 PM »

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #422: October 27, 2022, 08:44:07 PM »

During the Million Man March in October 1995, Louis Farrakhan talked about Freemason influence on the city's design (favorably, by the way, as he considered Masons to be secret Muslims). A long Washington Post article came out shortly afterwards, detailing the history of theories and conspiracies about Masonic influence. You should be able to find the article on-line from the Post's archives.

Dan Brown is a derivative popularizer in the genre. I read Foucault's Pendulum, a deconstruction of the conspiracy theory genre, decades ago, when Brown was still a wannabe musician. That said, I was also a member of the Order of DeMolay, the Masonic youth organization, when I was a teenager, so maybe I am just part of the conspiracy. I do know the secret handshake.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #423: October 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM »
Did not realize Nola and Bregman were teammates at LSU and actually. Bregman was apparently the messy one. I guess he forgot his trash can.

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/astros/article/alex-bregman-lsu-aaron-nola-17539943.php

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #424: October 28, 2022, 10:01:53 AM »
During the Million Man March in October 1995, Louis Farrakhan talked about Freemason influence on the city's design (favorably, by the way, as he considered Masons to be secret Muslims). A long Washington Post article came out shortly afterwards, detailing the history of theories and conspiracies about Masonic influence. You should be able to find the article on-line from the Post's archives.

Dan Brown is a derivative popularizer in the genre. I read Foucault's Pendulum, a deconstruction of the conspiracy theory genre, decades ago, when Brown was still a wannabe musician. That said, I was also a member of the Order of DeMolay, the Masonic youth organization, when I was a teenager, so maybe I am just part of the conspiracy. I do know the secret handshake.

I do not know the secret handshake, but both of my grandfathers were 32nd degree Masons and my Seat Pleasant grandmother was in something called the Eastern Star. A couple of cousins were in some kind of Masonic youth groups.