Author Topic: Regarding the Baltimore Protest Discussions  (Read 3386 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I agree with this and I'm probably guilty I guess of flaming because I couldn't let it go, I couldn't stop trying to get BiL to see how wrong he was to say that but yea I'm sure it was an exercise in futility so anyway I'm sorry if I added to the mayhem for you guys. 

We asked you to go bowling but ...   n-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o   :)

Offline houston-nat

I love WNFF. I love that, when my friend tells me about how all the discussion boards she visits devolve into mindless slugfests between trolls with brains the size of walnuts, and sends the depressing links to prove it, I can brag about how I'm on a baseball discussion board where nearly everybody is reliably civil, smart, engaging, and not about to insult me. WNFF is a generally very civilized place, in the context of the internet, and I'm very happy it's one of my digital homes.

Now, having said that...

And I'm glad for the warning, as I was just about to launch into a huge tirade against Mathguy for being against Duvel beer. Was going to call him a leg-humping twat & everything.
Jesus christ what kind of leg-humping twat hates Duvel??!?!

Offline blue911

I love WNFF. I love that, when my friend tells me about how all the discussion boards she visits devolve into mindless slugfests between trolls with brains the size of walnuts, and sends the depressing links to prove it, I can brag about how I'm on a baseball discussion board where nearly everybody is reliably civil, smart, engaging,  not about to insult me.and WNFF is a generally very civilized place, in the context of the internet, and I'm very happy it's one of my digital homes.

Now, having said that...

This simply isn't true. At least in my case.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
We need a smiley for "Jesus, how did I get into this kumbaya thread?"

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I love WNFF. I love that, when my friend tells me about how all the discussion boards she visits devolve into mindless slugfests between trolls with brains the size of walnuts, and sends the depressing links to prove it, I can brag about how I'm on a baseball discussion board where nearly everybody is reliably civil, smart, engaging, and not about to insult me. WNFF is a generally very civilized place, in the context of the internet, and I'm very happy it's one of my digital homes.

Now, having said that...

We should pity Mathguy.  He's one of those people who loves overly hopped beers and hates everything else.  He'll never know what it's like to enjoy truly great beer.

Offline nats2playoffs

We need a smiley for "Jesus, how did I get into this kumbaya thread?"

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
We asked you to go bowling but ...   n-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o   :)

I only leave when a :w: is at stake ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

So awesome :clap: :clap:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I consider that a compliment, so you better protect your leg when I'm in town

And I'm glad for the warning, as I was just about to launch into a huge tirade against Mathguy for being against Duvel beer. Was going to call him a leg-humping twat & everything.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I know I violate this perspective.  And I'm sure I'll only get worse, now that Bernie Sanders is running

One reason I like this Board is that there are not usually any political posts; I can go to other boards to read that stuff if i choose.
Hope we can keep that way.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I know I violate this perspective.  And I'm sure I'll only get worse, now that Bernie Sanders is running

In fairness, we have a thread dedicated to politics, but we leave that stuff there.