Author Topic: Nationals vs Rangers, Game 3  (Read 5491 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Nationals vs Rangers, Game 3
« Reply #100: June 12, 2017, 08:52:35 AM »
Well, people that know understand that Rizzo did what he could to get a good closer, and was rebuffed, which is frustrating.

People that don't know just see wins turning in to losses. Which will piss you off.

It was a beautiful day at the Park.     Roamed around.    Caught a nice breeze up the Anacostia.       But man, there were a lot of pissed off people talking about the bullpen.     Seriously pissed off.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #101: June 12, 2017, 09:12:16 AM »
The rangers had to play at the same odd times as well.
...but they only had to come in from New York and not the west coast and had three days off in the week leading up to it. And did any of the Rangers go to the gala?

:couch:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #102: June 12, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »
Well, people that know understand that Rizzo did what he could to get a good closer, and was rebuffed, which is frustrating.

People that don't know just see wins turning in to losses. Which will piss you off.

Out of the 30 some thousand folks at the Park yesterday, there may have been a dozen who broke their pisstivity about the bullpen down to the front office workings between Rizzo and the Lerners.     Most were lookin' for shade, standing between the Loft to behind the scoreboard, disappointed at losing three in a row to  ...   Texas  ....    or trying to keep their kids occupied.    Everybody else was wondering when would be a good time to head to the exits.      I stayed and bs'd with the usher and took pictures for folks at the photo overlook on the LF plaza.    It was a beautiful day at the Park.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #103: June 12, 2017, 10:04:59 AM »
There was audible booing coming through on the broadcast.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #104: June 12, 2017, 10:06:06 AM »

Huh?   :old:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #105: June 12, 2017, 10:11:54 AM »

Offline mitlen

« Reply #106: June 12, 2017, 10:27:31 AM »

:spit:

There was some booing.     Enough that I noticed it too.      Usually fans just b**** to those around them at the Park but yesterday, some booed en masse.    IIRC the loudest boos came with Treinen.    On another topic, Ollie has a great tune for his walk from the pen.

BTW    It was pretty cool to be there for Max's 2000th strike out.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #107: June 12, 2017, 10:35:58 AM »

:crackup:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #108: June 12, 2017, 10:39:00 AM »
:spit:

There was some booing.     Enough that I noticed it too.      Usually fans just b***** to those around them at the Park but yesterday, some booed en masse.    IIRC the loudest boos came with Treinen.    On another topic, Ollie has a great tune for his walk from the pen.
I have no problem with that. There's enough of a fervor being stirred that the greater the chorus the better.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #109: June 12, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »
I have no problem with that. There's enough of a fervor being stirred that the greater the chorus the better.

I heard it but wasn't surprised by it.     It's been coming for awhile   ....   After Roark and Scherzer's starts (I saw both) and the give up of runs, it was justified.    Back to GB's comment, I hope some of the folks in the front row by the Nats' dugout heard 'em too.     Though I did notice, the owner's seats were empty for much of the game.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #110: June 12, 2017, 11:15:20 AM »
Out of the 30 some thousand folks at the Park yesterday...

ATTENDANCE at this match: 22,027

:uk:

This match is being repeated on MASN at
12:30 pm Monday afternoon

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #111: June 12, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »

Offline mitlen

« Reply #112: June 12, 2017, 11:24:53 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) :uk: (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)        (Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

Beer goggles and there were at least 8,000 children under 2.    It was a beautiful day at the Park.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #113: June 12, 2017, 12:10:32 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) :uk: (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)        (Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

Looked like a very small crowd from the TV shots...

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #114: June 12, 2017, 12:12:08 PM »
Looked like a very small crowd from the TV shots...

Lots of people on the 3rd base side, up in the 400s, and standing in the mezzanine on the 1st base side.