Author Topic: Nationals vs Angels, Game 2  (Read 14938 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Re: Nationals vs Angels, Game 2
« Reply #75: June 24, 2008, 07:51:53 PM »

I expected us to be swept by the halos anyway. As for Tim Redding, I'll make sure to bump this thread before you get home  :?

http://www.wnff.net/index.php/topic,7580.0.html

I wasnt here for that one.  But I dont know why Redding gets dogged so much.  He is not that bad of a pitcher, he is one of the only veteran guys that we have that can actually pitch.  Sure, he has had some rough starts, but from what I have seen of him the last two years AND what I have seen it the numbers, he is by all means a decent pitcher.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #76: June 24, 2008, 07:52:18 PM »
Would getting swept by the Angels and O's at home this week prompt any changes?

Offline PC

« Reply #77: June 24, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »

I doubt it.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #78: June 24, 2008, 07:53:53 PM »
I wasnt here for that one.  But I dont know why Redding gets dogged so much.  He is not that bad of a pitcher, he is one of the only veteran guys that we have that can actually pitch.  Sure, he has had some rough starts, but from what I have seen of him the last two years AND what I have seen it the numbers, he is by all means a decent pitcher.
He's OK but he has the composure of a 10 year-old on the mound when things start to get tough for him. He just bends over instead of buckling down and getting out of a rough inning. Not to mention he gives up more hits/walks to the opposing pitcher than any guy I've seen.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #79: June 24, 2008, 07:54:03 PM »
But he struggles after 4 innings and that pisses me off :lol:  Also if people are going to talk about him being "ace" material or All Star worthy, as they did for Patterson and Bergmann in the past, I expect more than 5 or 6 inning outings.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #80: June 24, 2008, 07:55:07 PM »

I doubt it.

QFT  The changes people propose are not going to right this ship. And watching 'youngsters' doesn't make losing any easier for me.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #81: June 24, 2008, 07:55:28 PM »
But he struggles after 4 innings and that pisses me off :lol:  Also if people are going to talk about him being "ace" material or All Star worthy, as they did for Patterson and Bergmann in the past, I expect more than 5 or 6 inning outings.
Lannan > Redding and it's not even close. We should trade Redding right now while his value is still relatively high.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #82: June 24, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »
Decent play by Harris.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #83: June 24, 2008, 07:56:06 PM »
What a turnaround for Hill.  He was easily my favorite pitcher on this team last year, but he's just completely fallen apart.  What injuries can do to a guy.

I agree.  He was a gamer and when healthy he has a great sinker.  But it's as everyone has been saying - the John Patterson of 08.

All I know is how come this club won't make multiple moves?  I understand this team was going nowhere in the first place, but the ship is sinking and if you are content with it doing so ... a helluva message to be sending to a fanbase that didn't have baseball for 33+ years. 

I'll never say I'm embarassed to be a Nationals fan, but I often wonder why I am when we have cheap owners, a terrible GM, and the likes of Felipe Lopez/Wily Mo Pena/Pete Orr/Joel Hanrahan on the team.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #84: June 24, 2008, 07:57:06 PM »

QFT  The changes people propose are not going to right this ship. And watching 'youngsters' doesn't make losing any easier for me.
Not even just a little? We will still lose more games than we'll win but I don't see how playing the youngsters will result in a worse team that the one currently configured. Heck, it might give us a spark. Having a bunch of those guys play up here for the rest of the season could do wonders for their development.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #85: June 24, 2008, 07:57:34 PM »
Lannan > Redding and it's not even close. We should trade Redding right now while his value is still relatively high.

See, even though I'm not a fan of Redding, this idea doesn't make any sense. We have truly been reduced to measuring success by hoping to trade away players for so called "future prospects". Kasten has done a job on the mentality of our fanbase. Redding may not be a stud but we need some pitchers that are OK and have experience.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #86: June 24, 2008, 07:57:46 PM »
Collin Balester is starting tonight for AAA-Columbus.  Anyone think his start tonight could spell the debut for Bally and the end for Hill?  If not Bally then T-Clip or Mock?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #87: June 24, 2008, 07:58:39 PM »
Look I have enough stress in my life with my @ss up to my ears with diapers and baby formula...I've all but written off this season and I'm not going to get all wound up about how effed up this team is anymore.  It's a walking disaster with most of it's players on the DL...I'd like to ship some of my son's pacifiers to the front office.  So I've decided to watch the games when I can...and go to the ballpark once in awhile.  My time and devotion is too important to me to put my heart in soul into a team that doesn't have it's own heart and soul in it.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #88: June 24, 2008, 07:59:30 PM »
Way to buckle down and get the third out, Shawn. That was Redding-esque.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #89: June 24, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »
I agree.  He was a gamer and when healthy he has a great sinker.  But it's as everyone has been saying - the John Patterson of 08.

Also   @ Hill.

Not even just a little?

Nope.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #90: June 24, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »

Agreed that he isnt "ace" material in any way, but there are other pitchers on this team that deserve to go before him.  And its true, he definitely has some issues making in to the 6th Inning (only half of his starts so far).  As a guy in the back end of the rotation he would look a lot better than as our #1 or #2 guy.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #91: June 24, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »
Collin Balester is starting tonight for AAA-Columbus.  Anyone think his start tonight could spell the debut for Bally and the end for Hill?  If not Bally then T-Clip or Mock?
Many think that Balester will make his ML debut next Monday in Miami.

Offline PC

« Reply #92: June 24, 2008, 08:00:48 PM »
I'm now convinced that there is no bottom for this team.  No matter how bad a perform is, there will always be a worse one in the future.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #93: June 24, 2008, 08:01:19 PM »
See, even though I'm not a fan of Redding, this idea doesn't make any sense. We have truly been reduced to measuring success by hoping to trade away players for so called "future prospects". Kasten has done a job on the mentality of our fanbase. Redding may not be a stud but we need some pitchers that are OK and have experience.
Mock and Clippard can be better than Redding and plus, they are younger and have a better chance of staying in the rotation for a long time. If we do not trade Redding, do you honestly think he'll be back here next year anyways?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #94: June 24, 2008, 08:01:29 PM »
Agreed that he isnt "ace" material in any way, but there are other pitchers on this team that deserve to go before him.  And its true, he definitely has some issues making in to the 6th Inning (only half of his starts so far).  As a guy in the back end of the rotation he would look a lot better than as our #1 or #2 guy.

I agree with this. I'm not looking to dump the guy. I just think we should see him for what he is, a back of the rotation starter.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #95: June 24, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »
Hill: 3 IP 8 H 6 ER against the Angels

Arroyo: 1 IP 11 H 10 ER against the Jays

wtf?  :shock:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #96: June 24, 2008, 08:02:44 PM »
2-run homer by Napoli.  The folks boo again.

Nationales STINK (ZERO)
Angels 8

Some of the Nationals players will try to sneak onto the Angels' bus and try to join the team, when they leave here.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #97: June 24, 2008, 08:02:48 PM »
Mock and Clippard can be better than Redding and plus, they are younger and have a better chance of staying in the rotation for a long time. If we do not trade Redding, do you honestly think he'll be back here next year anyways?

My point is that now that Hill will surely be gone and Perez WILL get traded that we can't also get rid of Redding. I don't understand the obsession with having all our minor leaguers here ASAP.

MrMadison

« Reply #98: June 24, 2008, 08:03:33 PM »
so glad I'm not watching this.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #99: June 24, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »
Nice jack by WMP. He dogged the ball. But it's still meaningless :?