Author Topic: Luis Garcia Aspirations / Trepidations Thread  (Read 6730 times)

Offline nobleisthyname

I think when Robles plays and does well, he mysteriously gets hurt. I think it's going to be VERY HARD to trade Robles for anything of value, even a lottery ticket, when his track record since 2021 has been questionable at best, and when he does produce, it's for limited periods of time before he is injured.

Is he going to be back in time to flip?

Yeah I think the injuries make it a moot point. I've just been confused at how they've handled him in his final season here when he has been healthy.

Offline Natsinpwc

Yeah I think the injuries make it a moot point. I've just been confused at how they've handled him in his final season here when he has been healthy.
He’s disrespected Davey over the years.  Davey doesn’t like him. 

Offline Natsinpwc

I think when Robles plays and does well, he mysteriously gets hurt. I think it's going to be VERY HARD to trade Robles for anything of value, even a lottery ticket, when his track record since 2021 has been questionable at best, and when he does produce, it's for limited periods of time before he is injured.
Yea and most contenders don’t need what he brings.  Other teams can just wait until the off-season and sign him. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
NextGenNats notes that Garcia Jr. only trains Altuve in OPS among 2B. and he's the fourth youngest playing the position.

Offline nobleisthyname

He’s disrespected Davey over the years.  Davey doesn’t like him.

That's the vibe I've gotten as well, but in that case they shouldn't have even tendered him a contract. Just a waste of money when the owners are pinching pennies as it is.

Offline Natsinpwc

That's the vibe I've gotten as well, but in that case they shouldn't have even tendered him a contract. Just a waste of money when the owners are pinching pennies as it is.
Well they were not going to spend it one someone else so I really don’t care.  If Robles is here beyond 2024 it means bad things have happened to our key prospects. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Well they were not going to spend it one someone else so I really don’t care.  If Robles is here beyond 2024 it means bad things have happened to our key prospects. 
I think the lineup is better with Young, so they didn't need to go out and spend on someone else. Young's D is good enough, and he runs very intelligently. I think Robles might be a better hitter if he is like 4/23, but that's an if.

Offline Senatorswin

Keep Young up when Robles gets back and at least against left handers bat Young, Robles, Abrams, Thomas and Garcia 1 through 5 in the order and run Forest run.

Offline nobleisthyname

Apparently knows how to field now too.

Offline Senatorswin

Could it be our middle infield is set for the next few years?

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Garcia was very good last September after coming back from the minors. Is it possible the demotion to the minors was a wakeup call?

Maybe. We have an entire season to see.

Online Mattionals

Maybe. We have an entire season to see.
If Garcia figured it out and hits what he was billed as, this team is in much better shape. Now that can shift Lipscomb to be a utility guy which is much more likely his ceiling. I wrote Garcia off, but I'm willing to eat all the crow on this one.

A future infield of:

2B - Garcia
3B - House
SS - Abrams

And hopefully YoYo at 1B. Crews and Wood in the OF. Our catchers will be a weak point, and throw in two bats at DH and LF, and you've got a damn good lineup. That lineup can even field a bit too. Maybe that LF is Hassall, maybe it's a FA. Still need pitching, but the future doesn't look so bad.