Author Topic: What's for Lunch?  (Read 24992 times)

Offline Dave B

Re: What's for Lunch?
« Reply #75: November 08, 2007, 06:41:08 PM »
Google 90 minute IPA for the full story.

I think the 90 minute refers to how long a certain process the beer is exposed to, but not sure.

The 60 Minute IPA is 6% alcohol - the 90 minute a hefty 9% (and 12 oz = 294 calories!!), and the rare and yet to be tasted by tomterp 120 minute IPA a whopping 20% alcohol.  Here are some tasting notes about the 90 minute, which I like a lot.

Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute .I..PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal!

9% abv

90 ibu

Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.

Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.

Glassware recommendation: Snifter

Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc

In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories

i think i've seen the 120 minute at 5th and ECapitol. Might want to wait for confirmation if you feel like making the trek. is that 12%?

speaking of high alcohol beers i had some kinda bourbon (and possibly vanilla and/or oatmeat) beer at chophouse a year or two ago. i think it was 11%.  the first couple of sips were alright, then a had about a half pint of what tasted like mostly bourbon.  kinda burned the stomach