Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 176679 times)

Offline WCD9973

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #775: May 08, 2013, 10:41:13 AM »
Hope this is the right thread for this question.
The new (Stupid) policy on PNC lounge vs club. Does anyone know where on the ticket it says this? I used some red carpert rewards to get PNC seats and have no idea if this includes access to the club or just the lounge. 

Do I just go, scan my ticket, and see what wrist band they give me? Are there 2 different wrist bands now depending on if you have club access or not, or do you show your ticket every time you walk in to the club (does it say club access on the ticket?). 

Any help? 

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #776: May 08, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »
What's the best way to get to the park from, essentially, National Airport? Metro seems like a pain and over an hour. Walking is an hour and a half. Curious if anyone new about a water taxi or something.

Offline machpost

« Reply #777: May 08, 2013, 02:15:44 PM »
What's the best way to get to the park from, essentially, National Airport? Metro seems like a pain and over an hour. Walking is an hour and a half. Curious if anyone new about a water taxi or something.

It's a 10-15 minute drive up 395 from DCA to the ballpark.

You could take the water taxi from Old Town Alexandria to the ballpark, but that would involve both Metro and a bus ride between DCA and Old Town, and would probably take a lot longer than taking Metro alone. And Metro shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so during the week. On the weekend, that's another story.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #778: May 08, 2013, 02:19:12 PM »

Metro is a pain from that close. JCA Crystal City may have better advice.... there is a Water Taxi, it doesn't run every day, it origanates in either Old Town Alexandria or National Harbour but you are effectively driving away from the ball park to get to the ball park.
Bike Share is a good option, plenty of places to rent in Crystal City and drop near the ball park....and driving really isn't that bad if you don't mind the minor back up going across the 14th st Bridge

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #779: May 08, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »

Car, a car is always the best way to get to the park.

Online Slateman

« Reply #780: May 08, 2013, 02:19:26 PM »

You could take the water taxi from Old Town Alexandria to the ballpark, but that would involve both Metro and a bus ride between DCA and Old Town, and would probably take a lot longer than taking Metro alone. And Metro shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so during the week. On the weekend, that's another story.

I have no car. There's no way Metro gets from DCA to Navy Yard in 20 minutes ...

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #781: May 08, 2013, 02:26:47 PM »
There's no way Metro gets from DCA to Navy Yard in 20 minutes ...

Correct, it is closer to 45, especially for the return trip. It's not the number of stops, it's changing trains outside of rush hour.

Online Slateman

« Reply #782: May 08, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »
Correct, it is closer to 45, especially for the return trip. It's not the number of stops, it's changing trains outside of rush hour.

The return trip will be to Vienna. Don't really care about that. I was hoping there was some sort of water taxi that cost 10 bucks to go from the DCA area to the ball park or near the Mall or something.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #783: May 08, 2013, 03:44:02 PM »
The return trip will be to Vienna. Don't really care about that. I was hoping there was some sort of water taxi that cost 10 bucks to go from the DCA area to the ball park or near the Mall or something.

I think the taxi leaves from the waterfront in Alexandria and takes ya pretty near the park.

http://www.potomacriverboatco.com/baseball-boat.php

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #784: May 08, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »
Do they still have discount beer specials at the Red Loft prior to first pitch?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #785: May 08, 2013, 03:45:44 PM »
Do they still have discount beer specials at the Red Loft prior to first pitch?

It may be the Miller place behind the scoreboard.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #786: May 08, 2013, 03:48:12 PM »
It may be the Miller place behind the scoreboard.

Can anyone confirm. A friend is going there for her birthday tonight with her parents. Wanted to point them in the right direction.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #787: May 08, 2013, 03:50:26 PM »
What about a Blue Line train to Capitol South, then walk the 15 minutes from there? Metro's Trip Planner says its a 25 minute ride. No transfers. Pleasant walk.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #788: May 08, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
Can anyone confirm. A friend is going there for her birthday tonight with her parents. Wanted to point them in the right direction.

"And it goes without saying that you can also get $5 16-ounce beers before first pitch on the scoreboard walk — I tested this offer on Sunday just to make sure. More than once, actually. Sure, you have to be there a bit early, but a $5 16-ounce ballpark beer is pretty swell, actually."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/04/15/the-nats-dont-really-have-baseballs-most-expensive-beer/

Offline mitlen

« Reply #789: May 08, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »
What about a Blue Line train to Capitol South, then walk the 15 minutes from there? Metro's Trip Planner says its a 25 minute ride. No transfers. Pleasant walk.

This  ...   I did the northbound walk on Opening Day.    Easy walk  ...

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #790: May 08, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »
And that was uphill. The walk to Nats Park is easy sledding.

This  ...   I did the northbound walk on Opening Day.    Easy walk  ...

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #791: May 08, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »
There are several places that sell $5 pre-game drafts. Best bet? Ask an usher. We get them at Taqueria when we buy pre-game dinner there.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #792: May 08, 2013, 04:07:42 PM »
Appreciate the help gents. If you see a cute hispanic girl sitting in CF Reserved with her parents, Tell her "Happy Birthday and Thank You for your service." She's a Navy Corpsman (Greenside)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #793: May 08, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »
Appreciate the help gents. If you see a cute hispanic girl sitting in CF Reserved with her parents, Tell her "Happy Birthday and Thank You for your service." She's a Navy Corpsman (Greenside)

I'm in love.   :)

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #794: May 08, 2013, 04:18:17 PM »
I'm in love.   :)

Here ya go LOL

Offline mitlen

« Reply #795: May 08, 2013, 04:22:24 PM »
Here ya go LOL
(Image removed from quote.)

My FiL did 34 years as a Corpsman  ...   Korea/Pearl/Vietnam//Treasure Island/Yokosuka and the ships at sea  .....

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #796: May 08, 2013, 05:17:17 PM »

If you're looking to ride the Metro this weekend, you might want to reconsider. The Orange Line will terminate at Ballston and the Blue and Yellow will be single-tracking from Braddock Road to Pentagon City.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #797: May 08, 2013, 05:25:54 PM »
Slate - seriously, if you are talking rush hour from Crystal City, metro to Lenfant or archives and the green line back out is less than 25 minutes.  Very good connections, and you only haveto deal with a straphanger who forgot to use right guard for the green line stretch. 

Going home is a nag, but I'm usually back in CC in less than an hour.

I'll give you something more creative - is there a red bike rental drop off near the stadium?  Grab one and prove you are as much of a biking stud as MDS.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #798: May 08, 2013, 05:29:36 PM »
Bull. I take the metro every day from Fed Triangle to CC and it takes 15 minutes with the switch at LEnfant.  Green line runs frequent enough on game nights that there would not be more than a 5 minute wait at the switch.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #799: May 08, 2013, 06:22:27 PM »

How much would a cab cost from the Airport? And the Old Town Water Taxi is expensive, for 1 person, I suppose it isn't too bad, but with my wife and gets, it would be pricy.