Author Topic: Have you recieved your Opening Day tickets yet?  (Read 8697 times)

natsfan1a

They are on stubhub.com from $75-$1500 :roll:

I'm sure they'll end up on Feebay for big money.  Oh well, at least it'll be in HD on Sunday Night baseball.

natsfan1a

I did get through for the date that I wanted a bit ago (after all of the vendors bought up the opening day tix, I suppose).

Offline Nats07

• Aztecs love Nationals
lowest I saw on stubhub was $145 and that is for the $10-$20 seats.

Offline ernie0326

I have my ticket for the Chicago cubs game Sunday April 27th!!!  Left field.  I got a shot to catch a HR!!  Yeahhhhh baby!!

natsfan1a

hmmm, it's gone up since I looked, then.

Offline blue911

after all of the vendors bought up the opening day tix, I suppose

I wonder if sports teams are ever going to realize that this practice is counterproductive?

Offline sportsfan882

God, what a terrible system.  There is no "waiting line".  It's completely freaking random.  It didn't matter if you were one of the first to get in the system, it was a complete crapshoot. 

natsfan1a

It does seem to be random.

God, what a terrible system.  There is no "waiting line".  It's completely freaking random.  It didn't matter if you were one of the first to get in the system, it was a complete crapshoot. 

natsfan1a

I wish.

I wonder if sports teams are ever going to realize that this practice is counterproductive?

natsfan1a

I have to give props to the team on their relaying of transportation info. When I received the email confirmation of my ticket purchase, I was able to click on a link that took me to transportation info on the team site. They did a good job on laying out the options there, IMO.

Offline Dave B

what practice? selling tickets?

should it be an essay contest?

Offline Dave B

but then what about all the working parents and others who have to work and cant stand on/in line, physically or virtually? why should they be at a disadvantage?

Offline sportsfan882

but then what about all the working parents and others who have to work and cant stand on/in line, physically or virtually? why should they be at a disadvantage?
Because it's their own fault. If you want the tickets bad enough you will find time to get them or at least attempt to get them in my case.  I got up 2-3 hours earlier than our normally do just to attempt to order some tickets.  What a complete waste of time.

Offline Nats07

• Aztecs love Nationals
The baseball Gods must be smiling down on me.....I just went to the site again and tried and was able to get 2 tickets. Granted they are $10 tickets, its in the stadium. I tried litterally 4 min ago and it worked! Keep trying.

Offline eckseid

Ya guy's, keep trying.. I'm reading the nationals mlb board and people are saying they're seeing some ticket's pop up here and there.

Offline Dave B

Because it's their own fault. If you want the tickets bad enough you will find time to get them or at least attempt to get them in my case.  I got up 2-3 hours earlier than our normally do just to attempt to order some tickets.  What a complete waste of time.

what if you dont have internet? what if you are a bus driver and have to work and cant use a cell phone?

no matter what you do, some people will be left out in the cold. there is not perfect solution. you cant just be upset because it didnt work for you.

Offline sportsfan882

what if you dont have internet? what if you are a bus driver and have to work and cant use a cell phone?

no matter what you do, some people will be left out in the cold. there is not perfect solution. you cant just be upset because it didnt work for you.
The thing that frustrates me is that I know I was one of the first ones to get into the waiting room and still got nothing.  It is supposed to be First come, first serve.

natsfan1a

FWIW, WTOP quotes the Nats as saying that OD is not technically sold out but no more tickets are being made available.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
The thing that frustrates me is that I know I was one of the first ones to get into the waiting room and still got nothing.  It is supposed to be First come, first serve.

How can you tell that you were "one of the first ones".  Everyone was probably starting to get in right before 9 and refreshing their screens.  If you have multiple internet lines, how can you tell that you were one of the first ones if everyone is trying to get in at the same time?

Offline Dave B

i didnt know they made any claims about that. it sounds pretty vague. first come first serve could apply to any stage of the process. like the first who get through the room are the first to be served.

if you ask me, random is probably better. not because i got tickets that way, but based on the widely held view here that tickets shouldnt be sold to scalpers/vendors/whatever scum of the earth.  why wouldnt some online company get in the waiting room with 10 computers a week ago if it was first come first serve the way you think of it?  any profit seekers would have an advantage over "real fans" in such a scenario

Offline sportsfan882

How can you tell that you were "one of the first ones".  Everyone was probably starting to get in right before 9 and refreshing their screens.  If you have multiple internet lines, how can you tell that you were one of the first ones if everyone is trying to get in at the same time?
I got in almost as soon as they opened the tickets for sale.  When it sent me to the place where I could actually buy tickets I clicked on 2 and "Best Available" and it gives the error message.  After 10 minutes of that it sent me back to the waiting room.  It was completely random. Apparently, it did not matter what time you attempted to get tickets.  People right at 9 or a little after 9 got tickets I'm sure.

Offline sportsfan882

i didnt know they made any claims about that. it sounds pretty vague. first come first serve could apply to any stage of the process. like the first who get through the room are the first to be served.

if you ask me, random is probably better. not because i got tickets that way, but based on the widely held view here that tickets shouldnt be sold to scalpers/vendors/whatever scum of the earth.  why wouldnt some online company get in the waiting room with 10 computers a week ago if it was first come first serve the way you think of it?  any profit seekers would have an advantage over "real fans" in such a scenario
You could not get in "line" a week ago.  The "line" formed this morning a few minutes before 9. 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I just tried to go there and got the following error message:

Error
 The ticketing system currently indicates that no seats are available for this performance. This performance may not yet be onsale, may be sold-out or have other issues.

Please try at a later time or use the customer service link above to contact customer service.

For more information, contact customer service

Offline kimnat

Just called customer service.  the ONLY seat left is a wheelchair seat!  DAMN!!  I had to take Andrew to the doc this morning - he sprained his ankle yesterday afternoon at a park (fell off the jungle gym platform and landed on his foot funny).  SOOOO, I couldn't call in to get my tix at 9 or even 9:30!

Offline ZIM4MVP

Just called customer service.  the ONLY seat left is a wheelchair seat!  DAMN!!  I had to take Andrew to the doc this morning - he sprained his ankle yesterday afternoon at a park (fell off the jungle gym platform and landed on his foot funny).  SOOOO, I couldn't call in to get my tix at 9 or even 9:30!
so Andrew could possibly use a wheelchair seat.