Author Topic: Let us know you are OK (or not) if you haven't posted in a while  (Read 23704 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
I survived Covid and viral pneumonia.i was intubated for 3 days and in ICU for 7 and another 8 days in isolation. I received first rate care at Hopkins Baltimore in ICU and isolation. I have been home 3 weeks and have received good news from my primary care Dr and pulmonologist with follow up appts. If anyone you know or unfortunately you contract C-19 I can only suggest that you choose your hospital wisely. I was lucky as the first hospital I went to was affiliated with Hopkins and they let my family know that they were transferring patients to Baltimore.

Very glad to see that you came thru that OK, Bubba...quite the ordeal...stay safe and well.  Is the move to Scottsdale still in the offing?

I'm here, well, and lurking from time to time...

Too bad that post-WS we don't have sports to focus on instead of this pandemic, and the human and economic tragedy that it has wrought...we certainly earned an extended celebration.  It's also too bad that we no longer seem to have a forum that is dedicated to baseball and other sports rather than to politics, as it seemingly pervades the more active threads.

I miss AtBC, though I see he did make one random post a month or so ago, so I assume he's OK.  I spoke to mitlen a few weeks ago...he is/was fine...and I miss him here too.  Aside from his great sense of humor, he is a very bright and reasoned person, and one that I consider a good friend.  Spider will show up eventually...hopefully.  He's like a bad penny...and I mean that in a good way... 

I wish every one of you and your families all the very best...and consider many of you my friends as well.  Thanks to the several of you that have reached out to me personally via PM to check up on me over the past month or so.  I was blessed to meet up with DC Patty, Mr. & Mrs. bluestreak, and Mr. and Mrs. NatsAllThe Way at the last ballgame in WPB...March 13th vs the Yankees.  It was sad for things to come to that abrupt ending.  I miss all y'all.  I guess that's likely why l continue to lurk...it's hard to forget friends.  I hope to see everyone at the Park again someday soon...primarily because I think that you all owe me a beer...