Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Astros, Game 2  (Read 34756 times)

Offline PC

Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Astros, Game 2
« Reply #250: August 11, 2005, 08:13:09 AM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Livan has been in a frump for a month.. He's not pitching well at all... If Livan goes, we best start praying for a miracle.

Right now, Livan is the worst starting pitcher on our staff.  He's #5, behind Drese and Armas and nowhere near Patterson and Loiaza.

This makes losing Kim even more painful.  I know, Kim wasn't an All Star (he did have a great game against the Rangers)  but he's better than what Hernandez has been putting up lately.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #251: August 11, 2005, 11:41:11 AM »
The one thing about Kim, was that his numbers as a starter were MUCH BETTER than his numbers out of the pen. Kim's problem was that he was Asian, because Frank has some kind of hangup about Asian pitchers. You don't have to be white to be a racist, bigotry has no color. It's too bad, but hey, Washington can rejoice, after all they have a hall of famer managing the team...... Into the ground...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #252: August 11, 2005, 11:47:52 AM »
If the Nats somehow can rally enough to make the playoffs, Frank is MOY and it makes it hard for the new ownership to make a change.

(Last MOY to be fired?  Davey Johnson, by my recollection, by our friend Peter the Great.)

If they continue to fall, managerial change becomes a no-brainer.

I want to make the playoffs AND I want managerial change next season.

Offline esoteric

« Reply #253: August 11, 2005, 01:27:16 PM »
Wouldn't Davey Johnson as manager be great?  (Would really piss off the O's fans, for sure...they all loved him.) Is he currently working in baseball?