Author Topic: The "Former Nat Watch" Thread (2012)  (Read 56652 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: The "Former Nat Watch" Thread (2012)
« Reply #425: May 03, 2012, 03:06:46 PM »
OK you don't but MLB Network seems to.  Just because you, Chief and I like Dunn doesn't mean he hasn't done it.

I'm glad someone else gets it. I was and am a huge Dunn fan but got attacked out the wazoo. Yeah, he's hitting pretty damn well, awesome. It doesn't change the fact that this is an unprecedented streak. It's like saying a hitting streak doesn't matter if a guy only hits 200. Baseball is a game based on records, and as someone who has watched Dunn over the years, this is a historic record. I can take comfort in watching the streak because he IS performing. It's not like I'm watching him fail and make a fool of himself, if that were the case, the stat would irk me as well. But he's performing, it's a fascinating stay, a historic one, and one that may not ever be matched. So considering that, I don't get the hate for this consecutive gams Ked streak. Maybe when I first posted, it was trivial. It's gone on so long now that it's historic and may never be matched, so at this point I think it bears watching as a bit of history and nothing more.