Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2  (Read 25123 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #525: April 19, 2008, 10:40:53 PM »
Walking the leadoff batter loses yet another game.  Uggla scores and gets me a fantasy run.

We LOST BECAUSE 2k6nats STARTED THE GAMEDAY THREAD and then DISAPPEARED AGAIN.  TAKE AWAY HIS MOD POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORST LOSS OF THE YEAR, AGAIN

(Image removed from quote.)

Finally someone makes sense. I noticed how he sneakily went and made the thread at like 2 so no one else could make it first. Superstitions exist whether some like to believe it or not.   

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #526: April 19, 2008, 10:41:10 PM »
You better watch it.  2k6 is a moderator and can kick you off of here anytime.

That'd be a bit much. This isn't extremeskins. :lol:

It'd be a puss move to kick someone off for that.

MrMadison

« Reply #527: April 19, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »
i'm with sportsfan. i'm not really superstitious, but i think we should let someone else take over or alternate between all the members after each loss.

still no reason to pile on 2k6 every time we lose.  It's not his fault.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #528: April 19, 2008, 10:41:53 PM »
i'm with sportsfan. i'm not really superstitious, but i think we should let someone else take over or alternate between all the members after each loss.
This is the way it should be done. If someone did what 2k6 pulled today on the Wiz board he would be ridiculed and blamed for the loss. 

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #529: April 19, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
That'd be a bit much. This isn't extremeskins. :lol:

It'd be a puss move to kick someone off for that.
But "sports"fan is calling him out on it all the time.  And rudely, for that matter.

« Reply #530: April 19, 2008, 10:43:04 PM »

We'll run out of members by June.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #531: April 19, 2008, 10:43:15 PM »
I don't really have much of a preference, although I don't get why it's so important for 2k6 to make the threads.  If it'll make people feel better about the team's chances, why not just let someone else make it?  Whatever.

MrMadison

« Reply #532: April 19, 2008, 10:43:25 PM »
This is the way it should be done. If someone did what 2k6 pulled today on the Wiz board he would be ridiculed and blamed for the loss. 

well, this isn't the Wiz board, obviously.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #533: April 19, 2008, 10:43:45 PM »
But "sports"fan is calling him out on it all the time.  And rudely, for that matter.

Yeah, it's a bit much to say that he's not a real Nats fan.

MrMadison

« Reply #534: April 19, 2008, 10:44:41 PM »
I don't really have much of a preference, although I don't get why it's so important for 2k6 to make the threads.  If it'll make people feel better about the team's chances, why not just let someone else make it?  Whatever.

I don't care who makes the thread.

I just don't like the threadmaker being attacked because the team lost.

it's not the threadstarter's fault the team sucks.

point your venom where it belongs. on the team.

that's all I am saying.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #535: April 19, 2008, 10:46:33 PM »

that's all I am saying.
He should stop making the threads then.  It's not like his threads are all that spectacular anyways. I think it'd be cool to have someone different do the threads after every loss. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #536: April 19, 2008, 10:47:19 PM »
Yeah, it's a bit much to say that he's not a real Nats fan.
I was obviously kidding in that aspect. I know 2k6 is a real Nationals fan but I just get ticked at his Game Thread making antics. 

MrMadison

« Reply #537: April 19, 2008, 10:47:26 PM »
and just for the record:

when this board started, we did exactly what sportsfan suggested.

and there were days where we didn't have a gamethread because nobody posted one.

and then over the course of time, 2k6 became the person who always made the thread. he always took the time to make the thread when everyone else was too lazy to, so we said "freak it, you can be the Gameday guy".  and he's been so ever since.

it wasn't just some sort of snap decision where we decided that 2k6 makes the threads and nobody else.

we picked the guy who did it the most, and most consistently.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #538: April 19, 2008, 10:48:23 PM »

We have LOST TEN (10) CONSECUTIVE GAMES WHEN 2k6nats has started the GameDay Thread.  Superstition is a time-honored tradition in baseball.  This is spitting in the wind of that tradition.

MrMadison

« Reply #539: April 19, 2008, 10:48:51 PM »
He should stop making the threads then.  It's not like his threads are all that spectacular anyways. I think it'd be cool to have someone different do the threads after every loss. 

it doesn't matter who makes the game threads. just don't attack whoever does it when the Nats lose. yell at the team. don't yell at whoever starts the thread. yell at the team.

that is all I am saying.

if you made a game thread, and everyone attacked you for it, I would say the same thing.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #540: April 19, 2008, 10:48:53 PM »
You know things are bad when you're quibbling over the merits of who starts the gameday threads.

These knuckleheads better get their act together.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #541: April 19, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »
Superstitions exist whether some like to believe it or not.   

Superstitions exist, but that doesn't make them mean anything UNLESS you're directly involved.

I just like picking an animal and giving it a record. :lol:

I do like seeing different people starting threads, though. Especially the ones that have their own way of doing it. The thread-starters standings is kind of entertaining, too. I thought that's part of what a message board is supposed to be.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #542: April 19, 2008, 10:51:26 PM »
Superstitions exist, but that doesn't make them mean anything UNLESS you're directly involved.

I just like picking an animal and giving it a record. :lol:

I do like seeing different people starting threads, though. Especially the ones that have their own way of doing it. The thread-starters standings is kind of entertaining, too. I thought that's part of what a message board is supposed to be.
Yes this is a good idea. It'd be fun. There'd be no one to blame either because the biggest losing streak someone would go on is 1 game.  It's pretty hard to say it's a coincidence after 10 straight losses (not in order either). 

Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect? 

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #543: April 19, 2008, 10:53:09 PM »
We'll run out of members by June.

we'll just keep the rotation going.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #544: April 19, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »

that's all I am saying.

Thank you.

And to you all, would you like to know the reason I'm not posting in the threads recently?  Because I'm tired of being crapted on for the team's failure, and for doing something as trivial as starting Gameday threads, which I consider my de facto duty after 2+ years of doing them every day.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #545: April 19, 2008, 10:54:34 PM »
Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect? 

LOL. Yeah. The whole "one event wouldn't have happened if the other hadn't happened first" thing?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #546: April 19, 2008, 10:54:44 PM »
since the game day thread starting duties are becoming a real issue, i say we have a vote. majority wins.

two choices: leave 2k6 alone and let him continue his official duties, or have someone new start the game day thread after each loss (and continue until they lose).

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #547: April 19, 2008, 10:56:14 PM »
which I consider my de facto duty after 2+ years of doing them every day.

This is the only part that confuses me. You DIDN'T do them every day last season. Not even close. But if you feel it's your "job"....

MrMadison

« Reply #548: April 19, 2008, 10:58:20 PM »
since the game day thread starting duties are becoming a real issue, i say we have a vote. majority wins.

two choices: leave 2k6 alone and let him continue his official duties, or have someone new start the game day thread after each loss (and continue until they lose).

or since everyone seems to have a complaint about the gameday threads, we can just delete the gameday section, and you all can handle it on your own.

we tried that at first, and we ended up with no game thread on most days.

but if that's what you people want.

either way, yes superstition is real at times.

but scapegoating a single poster because the team is terrible is a crock of whiny bullcrap, and you all need to stop it.

the fact of the matter is that the team is NOT GOOD, and they will LOSE more than they WIN.  someone else posting the gameday thread is NOT going to change that.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #549: April 19, 2008, 11:00:17 PM »
or since everyone seems to have a complaint about the gameday threads, we can just delete the gameday section, and you all can handle it on your own.

we tried that at first, and we ended up with no game thread on most days.

but if that's what you people want.

either way, yes superstition is real at times.

but scapegoating a single poster because the team is terrible is a crock of whiny bullcrap, and you all need to stop it.
Let AirZimmerman take control of the gameday threads.  That'd be a sight for sore eyes.

All posts reporting recorded outs by Belliard and Dukes will undergo strange disappearances.