18 (28.1%)
Giants
24 (37.5%)
Cardinals
17 (26.6%)
Dodgers
5 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Preferred Playoff opponent  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Re: Preferred Playoff opponent
« Reply #125: October 06, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »
I don't think we're that bad off - just need to win one out of two in StL with our 2 best pitchers on the mound.  I think we'll win one of the two games pitched by Gio and JZ.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #126: October 06, 2012, 12:34:45 PM »
Meh, whatevs.  We're beyond the point of complaining about it.  Let's win us a playoff series!

Nats are the best team in baseball, just play like it.

Bring it on

Exactly.  :clap:  wussy Nats fans praying for the path of less resistance.  :smh:

Offline WerthHisWeight

« Reply #127: October 06, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »
Exactly.  :clap:  wussy Nats fans praying for the path of less resistance.  :smh:

I'm with Spider.  Sure, I would have preferred facing the Braves (or Giants), but I've got no problem with counting on one win from Gio and Zim.  Most of you are probably too young to remember, but in the 70s the LCS was five games, with the first two at the home of the lower seeded team, followed by as many as three at the top seed's home.  We survived then, and we'll survive now.  I have full confidence in the ability of the Nats to win on the road, so I don't even see this series going to game 5.  Bring it on!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #128: October 06, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »
Most of you are probably too young to remember, but in the 70s the LCS was five games, with the first two at the home of the lower seeded team, followed by as many as three at the top seed's home. 

Actually while they did play the 2/3 format they used to alternate home field between divisions back in those days so sometimes the team with the lower seed would get "home field" advantage and have 3 at home.