Author Topic: Tipping  (Read 1821 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Tipping
« Reply #50: February 25, 2018, 10:42:35 PM »
Life is short and my money should not be spent to supplement somebody else's income.     :)

I don’t tip anyone that’s not doing an actual service.  The valets?  If the charge is $10 I give them $20 since I don’t want them freaking up my car. Dude delivering food to my door when I’m sick or it’s -35 outside?  I’m giving him $10 in cash for doing the lords work. Guy at the Land Rover dealership that did the brake job on our Range Rover at no cost under warranty?  Slipping him a C-note as thanks. Person giving me 10 refills of Diet Dr Pepper and a to go cup at Cracker Barrel?  If the bills $30 I’m making it $45 because that’s a lot of work.  The only people I don’t tip are the union trades people but that’s more of a philosophical issue than anything.

Besides, despite our best efforts we’re stuck living here in the US for a while so why not give back to those that will be completely freaked if one minor thing happens?  Like I said, life is way too short to be cheap and money is pointless to me if you’re not enjoying it. Of course, I plan on eating a bullet at 65 so my outlook and views on life might not be for everyone.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #51: February 25, 2018, 11:19:24 PM »
Thanks for the handful of change, slugger, at least some of it was silver.  Your Geo Metro should be able to belch its way through another couple of months  :money:
I don’t tip anyone that’s not doing an actual service.  The valets?  If the charge is $10 I give them $20 since I don’t want them freaking up my car. Dude delivering food to my door when I’m sick or it’s -35 outside?  I’m giving him $10 in cash for doing the lords work. Guy at the Land Rover dealership that did the brake job on our Range Rover at no cost under warranty?  Slipping him a C-note as thanks. Person giving me 10 refills of Diet Dr Pepper and a to go cup at Cracker Barrel?  If the bills $30 I’m making it $45 because that’s a lot of work.  The only people I don’t tip are the union trades people but that’s more of a philosophical issue than anything.

Besides, despite our best efforts we’re stuck living here in the US for a while so why not give back to those that will be completely freaked if one minor thing happens?  Like I said, life is way too short to be cheap and money is pointless to me if you’re not enjoying it. Of course, I plan on eating a bullet at 65 so my outlook and views on life might not be for everyone.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #52: February 26, 2018, 08:37:09 AM »

I have identified a potential issue with your strategy.   By the time the car arrives for you, isn't it too late already for them to show the proper loving care and attention your Geo so richly deserves?    :shrug:

And with respect to your eat a bullet at 65 comment, I'm glad to see you've revised your life estimate upwards.   Headed in the right direction!    :clap:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #53: February 26, 2018, 08:49:03 AM »

Cracker Barrel is quite underrated

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #54: February 26, 2018, 09:26:18 AM »
I have identified a potential issue with your strategy.   By the time the car arrives for you, isn't it too late already for them to show the proper loving care and attention your Geo so richly deserves?    :shrug:

And with respect to your eat a bullet at 65 comment, I'm glad to see you've revised your life estimate upwards.   Headed in the right direction!    :clap:

I only tip them when I’m getting in it to leave.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #55: February 26, 2018, 09:41:01 AM »
Of course, I plan on eating a bullet at 65 so my outlook and views on life might not be for everyone.

It ain't so bad on the other side (of 65).    :old:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #56: February 26, 2018, 10:45:53 AM »
I only tip them when I’m getting in it to leave.

Right, but that means they had no idea ahead of time that your car is the one they should pay special attention to.  So, you paid a premium tip for average service. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #57: February 26, 2018, 11:09:34 AM »
Right, but that means they had no idea ahead of time that your car is the one they should pay special attention to.  So, you paid a premium tip for average service. 
well, it probably doesn't help him the first time its serviced, but if he goes back to the same dealer a few times, they might start to recognize the 6'+, 25 stone guy who shows up in spandex and lycra Team Sky biking outfit. 

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #58: February 26, 2018, 10:29:34 PM »
MDS - why do you plan on doing that ?

I plan on eating a bullet at 65 so my outlook and views on life might not be for everyone.

Online Natsinpwc

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #60: June 18, 2018, 08:59:37 AM »
People with less money tip less, shocking

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #61: June 18, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »
Yea. But they're all living at home.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #62: June 18, 2018, 09:48:13 AM »
Yea. But they're all living at home.

They should have been blowjobs and cumstains on the sheets at the Motel 6.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #63: June 18, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »
Unless they live in an area dominated by tip income.  Then they tip what they can always, regardless of income.

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #64: June 18, 2018, 06:46:54 PM »
I was expecting a canoeing/kayaking thread.