Author Topic: Stats. Giggity!  (Read 40049 times)

Offline PC

Re: Stats. Giggity!
« Reply #250: June 23, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
I've run the numbers again up through yesterday and the Nationals opposing starter ERA is #3 (Atlanta is #2) and the opposing ERA in non-National starts has risen to #1.

San Diego may have achieved total "imperfection".  Their opposing starter ERA is far and away #1 in the NL and all of MLB.  That ERA is 2.58.  No other team opposing starter ERA is anywhere near that.  Atlanta at #2 is 3.28.  That's as close as it gets to San Diego.  Given how low that ERA is, you'd think that San Diego must constantly go up against the very best starters in baseball....except they don't.  Those opposing starter ERA in non-Padres starts is DEAD LAST in the NL.  How is that even possible to be that bad against opposing starters who, on the whole, are terrible?

Remember when I threw statitical shade on the Rockies and then the Giants?  I have a new target, the Brewers of Milwaukee.  Milwaukee's opposing starter ERA is 4th worst in the NL.  Yes, the Brewers do score but those same opposing starter ERAs in non-Brewer starts is 14th in the NL.  San Diego's opposing starter ERA in non-Padre starts just nips them...and we've already discussed the Padres.  Now maybe the Brewers are filling their dance card with a bunch of #4 and #5 starters...