Author Topic: winter meetings Day 4 / rule 5 draft gameday thread  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
You keep them. It's like a player swap.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
At No. 3, #Rockies get #Nationals LHP Danny Rosenbaum. #Rule5

Offline hammondsnats

At No. 3, #Rockies get #Nationals LHP Danny Rosenbaum. #Rule5

welcome to like 6 hours ago.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
welcome to like 6 hours ago.

:lol:

Slate's just waking up.

Offline zoom

i wonder who the Red Sox will take with the 7th pick.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun

Offline houston-nat

Tigers on Kobernus - 'the new Don Kelly.'

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/06/quote-of-the-day-hes-the-new-don-kelly/
NBC's sardonic retort: "Don Kelly is a 32-year-old career .232 hitter with a .283 on-base percentage and .344 slugging percentage in five seasons as a big leaguer."

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
Sucks to lose Nelo. I thought we'd see him in Septemer. He was probably headed to the Syracuse pen to start the season now te Dodgers just have to keep him on their AAA squad and they can keep him that's horse crap.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Sucks to lose Nelo. I thought we'd see him in Septemer. He was probably headed to the Syracuse pen to start the season now te Dodgers just have to keep him on their AAA squad and they can keep him that's horse crap.
  I thought rule 5 guys had to stay with the big club the whole season!

Offline NJ Ave

We definitely have not "lost" Kobernus. There's almost no chance he can stay with a contending club the entire season. This is more likely the "other" kind of Rule 5 pick, which is lets get this guy together with our coaches and personnel people and see if we want to trade something to the Nats to keep him, because we're not sure from our minor league scouting alone.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
  I thought rule 5 guys had to stay with the big club the whole season!

There's two segments; a Major League and Minor League portion. Nelo has to stay on their AAA roster all year