Author Topic: 2021 Trade Discussions/Rumors/Deadline - buy or sell  (Read 36271 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

The Twins will likely eat money. Frankly, if the price is right, the Nats should be considering it
They will want Cavalli.  Donaldson is still good but the stats in 2020 and 2021 are down a bit.  And if the Twins eat money it's only going to be for this year.  Drive up the price for the Mets. 

Offline hotshot

They will want Cavalli.  Donaldson is still good but the stats in 2020 and 2021 are down a bit.  And if the Twins eat money it's only going to be for this year.  Drive up the price for the Mets.
Keep Cavalli

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
They can want whatever they want. They arent getting anything remotely close to a top 100 prospect back for Donaldson. Not unless they're eating all of the contract.

Offline Slateman

https://mobile.twitter.com/dougherty_jesse/status/1411106479969554432

Sources: The Nationals are in the process of acquiring veteran shortstop Alcides Escobar from the Royals. Escobar is on his way to Washington with the team needing middle infield help. The 34-year-old last played in the majors in 2018.

Really doesnt bode well

Offline Natsinpwc

They can want whatever they want. They arent getting anything remotely close to a top 100 prospect back for Donaldson. Not unless they're eating all of the contract.
Wait and see.  The Mets are desperate.  They will give up something.  They also have the money. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline Natsinpwc

org depth given we’ve got four injured shortstops
Yea, he will probably go to Rochester.  For now anyway.  Have to sign someone.  Does make me wonder how serious some of the injuries are? 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Yea, he will probably go to Rochester.  For now anyway.  Have to sign someone.  Does make me wonder how serious some of the injuries are?

Who did we send to KC...Kiebust?

Offline Slateman

Who did we send to KC...Kiebust?
:lmao: Escobar hasnt played major league ball since 2018 and hasnt been a quality major leaguer since 2014. Rizzo isnt giving up anything notable to get him.

Offline Natsinpwc

:lmao: Escobar hasnt played major league ball since 2018 and hasnt been a quality major leaguer since 2014. Rizzo isnt giving up anything notable to get him.
Only the Lerner’s cash.

Offline Slateman

Only the Lerner’s cash.
Vet minimum. About as cheap as its gonna get.

Offline imref

Trea is “officially” day-to-day. He’s the one to worry about.

Offline imref

The Athletic says we're giving "cash considerations" to the Royals for Escobar

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
a guest appearance on who wants to be a Turkish millionaire?

Offline Natsinpwc

White Sox have not yet traded for Escobar from Arizona--supposedly other teams involved.  Have to thing the Nats are one of those. 

Offline blue911

Not real cash mind you, just the consideration

Offline imref

Not real cash mind you, just the consideration

A bag of tokens redeemable at dave and busters perhaps?

Offline blue911

A bag of tokens redeemable at dave and busters perhaps?

Or coupons from the back of Raleigh cigarettes

Offline imref

Or coupons from the back of Raleigh cigarettes

Green stamps?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Look like the Pirates may be willing to move both Adam Frazier and their closer, Richard Rodriguez.  Frazier is under control for next year, and Rodriguez to 2023.  Just playing with this trade simulator, https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/ , it seems that fair value might be Garcia and Rutledge or Kieboom and Henry.  Garcia, Antuna, and Lara might be a third comparable value deal.  I would not mind those sort of prices.  Frazier's OBP would be a nice complement to the top of the line up, and this would solidify the back end of the pen.  This sort of lines up as a straight position swap with years of control and a prospect starter for a reliever

Offline Slateman

Look like the Pirates may be willing to move both Adam Frazier and their closer, Richard Rodriguez.  Frazier is under control for next year, and Rodriguez to 2023.  Just playing with this trade simulator, https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/ , it seems that fair value might be Garcia and Rutledge or Kieboom and Henry.  Garcia, Antuna, and Lara might be a third comparable value deal.  I would not mind those sort of prices.  Frazier's OBP would be a nice complement to the top of the line up, and this would solidify the back end of the pen.  This sort of lines up as a straight position swap with years of control and a prospect starter for a reliever
Time to do that was two weeks ago, not four weeks from now.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

I’m in the Henry > Rutledge camp right now.  So I’d rather use rutledge, kieboom, and anyone not named Garcia, cavalli, or Henry as trade chips.

Offline Slateman

I’m in the Henry > Rutledge camp right now.  So I’d rather use rutledge, kieboom, and anyone not named Garcia, cavalli, or Henry as trade chips.
Henry sucks and is a future reliever. Oh and hurt.

We are selling, not buying. Rizzo needs to do the right thing and trade Scherzer and Hand ASAP. Then look to move Turner in the offseason

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Henry sucks and is a future reliever. Oh and hurt.

We are selling, not buying. Rizzo needs to do the right thing and trade Scherzer and Hand ASAP. Then look to move Turner in the offseason
Can we all agree at this point that it's not realistic to think there might be a post season bid for the Nats in 2021?  It all came crashing down in the past few days.  The Mets are going to win the NL East.  Given this fact and the fact that we've already won a World Series recently, I believe the fans can stomach a TOTAL rebuild, with nothing off the table except for trading Max, who should retire a Nat.  Even Strasburg, after getting healthy, should be unloaded for whatever they could get for him (maybe he has a no-trade clause?).