Author Topic: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 1 (Strasburg debut)  (Read 21581 times)

Offline bklynnats

Strastacular!  :worship:

This day is draaaaaaagging by at work. Can't wait to jet out of here at 7!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
How many dingers did stras hit during bp?  Anything out of the park?

Offline nats2playoffs

Nats Xtra: MASN-2s live coverage begins at 6pm.

http://masnsports.com/masn_news_information/2010/06/masn-to-host-special-one-hour-nats-xtra-pregame-on-june-8th.html

MASN to Host Special One-Hour Nats Xtra Pregame on June 8th

MASN will host a special one-hour edition of the Nats Xtra pregame show on Tuesday, June 8th... Nats Xtra begins at 6 p.m. on MASN 2 and MASN 2 HD.

The special edition of Nats Xtra on Tuesday will feature reaction from around baseball about the Nationals' selection in the draft. Debbi Taylor will check in with former first overall draft picks. Taylor will also speak to Tony Gwynn [Strasburg's Hall of Fame manager while he attended San Diego State] about Stephen Strasburg, while Ray Knight and Johnny Holliday will break down Strasburg's Triple-A starts...

After Stephen Strasburg's debut Tuesday night, MASN will provide exclusive televised coverage of Manager Jim Riggleman's post-game press conference, as well as Strasburg's first post-game interview live from Nationals Park on MASN 2.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Please God, let this go smoothly. We will be the complete laughingstock of all Sports if something goes wrong in this game.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Please God, let this go smoothly. We will be the complete laughingstock of all Sports if something goes wrong in this game.
Strasburg's arm is going to fall off on the first pitch.  I just know it.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I hate you guys :lol:

Stupid Mike Stanton trying to steal some of our thunder.

Offline hammondsnats

broke out the stephen strasburg home white nats jersey for the first time ... great fit and great look.

i'm going to stay away from the gameday thread tonight.  going to enjoy it on my back deck ... baseball @ the beach = amazing

go nats and good luck stephen ... much love to the WNFF family!  damn it feels good to be a nats fan.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
iPhone battery at 92%, full 3G service, I might actually be able to listen to the game tonight :pray:

Gotta good hiding place for it too so everyone will just think I have it on the AM station ;)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Anybody seen the Pirates lineup listed yet?

Offline imref

Heading to glory days to stake out a good spot

Offline CJames0569

iPhone battery at 92%, full 3G service, I might actually be able to listen to the game tonight :pray:

Gotta good hiding place for it too so everyone will just think I have it on the AM station ;)

It should last Nathan, I used to do the same thing at work. Just hit the button to turn off the screen, sit back and enjoy. The sound quality is actually pretty decent.

Offline imref

Great interview with zimm on mlb.  They ribbed stras over losing to uva in college

Offline CJames0569

Great interview with zimm on mlb.  They ribbed stras over losing to uva in college

Link? can't find it on MLB...

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
It is freaking insane here.

Offline CJames0569

I can't wait to watch this game, wish mlb.tv would let me catch the MASN pregame.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
It's good to have Pudge back.

Off topic kind of ... watching SS in the bull pen.   Does he have a particularly small glove? 

Offline nats2playoffs

Anybody seen the Pirates lineup listed yet?

ESPN has it:  http://espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=300608120&teams=pittsburgh-pirates-vs-washington-nationals

Pittsburgh          AVG   OBP   SLG
A McCutchen CF   .312   .381   .488
N Walker 2B   0   .326   .380   .543
L Milledge LF   .246   .322   .324
G Jones 1B      .261   .339   .435
D Young RF        .238   .273   .417
A LaRoche 3B   .242   .308   .338
R Cedeno SS   .240   .286   .350
J Jaramillo C   .195   .261   .293
J Karstens P   .222   .300   .222

Washington           AVG   OBP   SLG
C Guzman 2B   .313   .338   .391
N Morgan CF   .258   .326   .350
R Zimmerman 3B   .306   .408   .578
A Dunn 1B           .271   .371   .522
J Willingham LF   .277   .425   .497
I Rodriguez C   .325   .351   .439
R Bernadina RF   .260   .324   .400
I Desmond SS   .277   .311   .413
S Strasburg P   .000   .000   .000
 :panic:

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL
guys im here at school trying finish somethin up, I have no radio or TV but I do have internet access. Anyone know where I can watch the game online for free?

Offline imref

The zimm interview was on mlb tv, they asked him about this not being his team anymore, he said he had his 15 minutes. Thought he might be in the lineup as well tonight.

Offline nats2playoffs

guys im here at school trying finish somethin up, I have no radio or TV but I do have internet access. Anyone know where I can watch the game online for free?

MLB-TV requires a subscription.  My guess ESPN and MLB.com may have clips.

Offline CJames0569

My guess would be to try channelsurfing.net but it will probably be taken down shortly after the game starts because MLB is like big brother with streaming online content.

Offline natinthehat

First 12 outs here: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=6350584

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I'm so glad I became a Nationals fan last year-what a great night for this franchise (and for those of you who have been suffering alot longer than me)  Here's to a complete game shut out-I could go no hitter, but I don't want to be greedy :)

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL
THANK U natinthehat and everyone else