Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 115820 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #400: December 21, 2015, 12:59:54 PM »
Fargo is a great show btw

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #401: December 22, 2015, 09:10:46 PM »
The PBS show Prohibition has been interesting.  I never realized there were Jewish gangs called Goon Squads.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #402: December 24, 2015, 10:11:15 PM »

Sprout, the cable channel with 24-hour programs for preschoolers, began airing its annual Sleep-a-thon on Christmas Eve. From 6:00 pm until 6:00 am, they are only showing images of Sprout characters and hostesses sleeping in beds, waiting for Santa to arrive: Nina and Star from The Good Night Show, Lazytown, along with Sesame Street, Wiggly Waffle, Pajanimals, and Stan and Bearstein Bears.

Offline PC

« Reply #403: December 25, 2015, 09:30:05 PM »
I just discovered Betas on Amazon.  Too bad it wasn't picked up for a second season.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #404: December 25, 2015, 10:02:37 PM »
Cosmopolitan is my favorite amazon show, they didn't even pick up the pilot.lots of amazon movies on sale today - I got the hobbit, Lord of the rings and a couple harry potter movies for 5.99 a piece- my five year old loved Lord of the rings

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #405: January 01, 2016, 08:40:55 PM »
I'm doing a Battlestar Galactica rewatch because I wanted to get the boyfriend into it.

I just have to express my utter rage and disgust with Ron Moore, the producer of the show who's responsible for the abomination that was the last few episodes.

He is the Drew Storen of TV producers/writers.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #406: January 01, 2016, 11:11:38 PM »
Enjoying "Master of None" on Netflix, it's Aziz Ansari's show.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #407: January 02, 2016, 10:39:57 AM »
Do we not have a Making a Murderer thread yet?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #408: January 02, 2016, 10:42:07 AM »
I'm doing a Battlestar Galactica rewatch because I wanted to get the boyfriend into it.

I just have to express my utter rage and disgust with Ron Moore, the producer of the show who's responsible for the abomination that was the last few episodes.

He is the Drew Storen of TV producers/writers.

Great mini-series and first two seasons but ruined by the last season (similar to Lost). My guess is that the SciFi channel budget was being blown on actors and special effects and they had to cut the writing team.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #409: January 02, 2016, 10:53:55 AM »
Anyone having trouble sleeping- great British baking show is great, no drama, tension, or anything else to keep you awake, fifteen minutes and I'm out

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #410: January 02, 2016, 10:58:30 AM »
Do we not have a Making a Murderer thread yet?

I just binge watched it and found it beyond tedious.  They did a great job of getting people to forget how criminal trials work and buying into an insane theory of the bozo local PD framing someone no one on the jury wanted to cross paths with during the day.  Stone cold moron that burns cat alive scares jury and gets convicted for a crime he likely did, color me shocked.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #411: January 02, 2016, 04:19:24 PM »
I just binge watched it and found it beyond tedious.  They did a great job of getting people to forget how criminal trials work and buying into an insane theory of the bozo local PD framing someone no one on the jury wanted to cross paths with during the day.  Stone cold moron that burns cat alive scares jury and gets convicted for a crime he likely did, color me shocked.

I really, really, really hated the prosecutor in the case. I thought there was enough reasonable doubt to let Avery (and Dassey) walk, but the whole system is just so freaked up and corrupt.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #412: January 02, 2016, 04:26:09 PM »
I really, really, really hated the prosecutor in the case. I thought there was enough reasonable doubt to let Avery (and Dassey) walk, but the whole system is just so freaked up and corrupt.

You ought to try jury duty.    :)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #413: January 02, 2016, 06:07:20 PM »

Avery showed up to the trial of his life looking like a bum and sounds unhinged every time he opens his mouth (which, during the trial was never).  The jury doesn't forget that and there's no way they didn't know about his history of pulling guns on family members, setting cats on fire, and being a degenerate.  The prosecutor is a smug jerk, no doubt, and has some issues but he did the job he was elected to do and got a conviction for the person that all of the evidence (something the people behind "Making a Murderer" decided to leave a lot out of for some reason).  The lawyer for Dassey, according to "MaM", looked like he wasn't doing his job but let's be honest - Dassey is a stone cold certified idiot that just could not help himself if he did or didn't testify and couldn't keep a story straight.  To spend 10 hours on these two cases they left out a lot of trial testimony that wouldn't have helped either Avery or Dassey. 

The whole system isn't freaked, in my opinion, and when you consider both Avery and Dassey got jury trials and lost all of their appeals (so take the "ineffective counsel" card off the table) it's hard to see where there was a miscarriage of justice in these two cases.  Dassey didn't help himself (he should have taken a plea) and I seriously doubt that even if he was to get a new trial the outcome would be any different.  The state of Wisconsin put away a murdering scumbag and a kid that, based on all of the evidence and not just what was presented in "MaM", was involved in a horrific crime.  Just too bad they don't have the death penalty. 

Offline Dave B

« Reply #414: January 02, 2016, 11:11:50 PM »
Can you point me to all this other evidence? It seems the case rests on the confession of bloody murder that took place in several locations on the property and left zero dna. Not a single hair or drop off blood. According to the confession, they stabbed her, cut her hair, and slit her throat. Not a trace of it. 

The kid and Avery were borderline retarded. They could not perform such a clean up

Then there is all the other investigative shenanigans

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #415: January 02, 2016, 11:25:37 PM »
Then there is all the other investigative shenanigans

The investigation was completely freaked but they got a jury conviction and his appeals are exhausted at this point so let the morons rot in jail.  How much time was there for clean up between when she went missing and when they found her?  Plenty of time for brain dead morons like Steven Avery (who were experienced hunters) to clean up the mess.  Like I said earlier - the jury didn't want to let this moron out (again). 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #416: January 03, 2016, 04:28:42 AM »
There is no way Steve Avery was smart enough to forensically scrub his bedroom down to remove all traces of blood, hair and bodily fluid.

Avery may have killed her, but it didn't happen on his property.

I 100% refuse to believe Brendan was involved. Unless there's some other concrete  physical evidence out there, I see two cops bullying a confession out of a mentally handicapped juvenile who time and again has proven that he'll say whatever you tell him to say.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #417: January 03, 2016, 08:48:02 AM »
I 100% refuse to believe Brendan was involved. Unless there's some other concrete  physical evidence out there, I see two cops bullying a confession out of a mentally handicapped juvenile who time and again has proven that he'll say whatever you tell him to say.

Apparently the court of appeals should have watched this documentary.  This wasn't some five minute railroad trial but feel free to get wrapped around the axle over these two scumbags. 

Offline wj73

« Reply #418: January 03, 2016, 07:18:30 PM »
Galavant returns tonight!! I thought it was a lot of fun and am glad it's back.  No one else I know watched it last season, but I guess there were enough of us out there with an offbeat sense of humor that they brought it back.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #419: January 03, 2016, 08:59:44 PM »
2IPAs is glued to the last season of Downton Abbey, starting in a minute

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #420: January 05, 2016, 01:57:47 PM »
Ronda Rousey hosting SNL on January 23.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #421: January 05, 2016, 08:46:01 PM »
"Frontline" show tonight at 9pm looks really good and is on US - Israel issues over Iran dealings

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
« Reply #422: January 06, 2016, 02:18:31 AM »
Pilot episode of Billions is really good.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #423: January 06, 2016, 10:51:23 PM »
The new season of "My 600 Pound Life" is not going to disappoint.  Total bonus that I'm in the midst of one of my worst binging episodes in over a decade.  If I don't blow my heart out I see a date with Dr. Now in my future. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #424: January 07, 2016, 12:18:58 AM »
American Crime was way too grim for me last season but tonight's premier totally hooked me, really really good so far.