Author Topic: NL Division Series: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 5  (Read 102261 times)

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
There were several times tonight when we failed to advance runners from third. So annoyed with DC teams. Redskins will disappoint me next.

Werth sucked a giant one tonight.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
freak the commentators too.

"Oh wow.  Kershaw came out of the bullpen and threw seven pitches.  So brave!  Historic!"

freak off.  Hope Kershaw's elbow explodes.

Wishing injury on players because they're better than you is dumb. He beat us. Blame Rizzo for roster construction that gave 2 of last 6 outs to Taylor/Difo.

Offline sph274

this wasnt a great regular season team. i doubt anyone had this team winning the WS at the beg of the playoffs.

Offline nattily attired

:asplode:
freak freakITY freak freak Well it was a fun season.
Thank you Nationals for getting as far as you did.

Worst post of the year.

Offline Mighty Casey

another dumpster diver.....is anyone on this team of chokers capable of identifying a ball in the dirt from a strike? (no)...spring training next year should devote 18 hours a day for weeks forcing these clods to learn to recognize balls in the dirt from balls in the air.....Rizzo loves dirtball whiffers....our bench is chock full of them....hope you overpaid Effsticks beg the fans to return to your stadium....I know I won't be there even if tickets are free....a total waste of time....no one on this team of losers has learned a single thing over the span of nearly 170 games....balls in the dirt...swing at 'em...guys on base....leave 'em there....two strikes? fer chrissakes, don't choke up;  instead swing for the moon...don't spend any time learning how to bunt, how to hit behind runners....day after day, these j-offs keep doing the same thing...and accidentally won a bunch of games...but when the pressure rises, their performance falls....they are self-proclaimed champions when ahead by 14 runs....they are hopeless when behind........take up lawn bowling....

Offline ghostface

chokers.  zimmerman was the only starter to hit the ball hard all night - and dusty ended his night with another dumbass double freaking switch

Offline ronnynat

this wasnt a great regular season team. i doubt anyone had this team winning the WS at the beg of the playoffs.

I think everyone picked the Cubs.

Offline NatNasty

Sad.  Just sad.

Offline nats2playoffs

Sad.  Just sad.

Won:  J. Urias (1-0)
Loss:  M. Rzepczynski (0-1)
Save:  C. Kershaw (1)

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
I'm rooting for the Dodgers to beat the Cubs at least.

Offline nattily attired

another dumpster diver.....is anyone on this team of chokers capable of identifying a ball in the dirt from a strike? (no)...spring training next year should devote 18 hours a day for weeks forcing these clods to learn to recognize balls in the dirt from balls in the air.....Rizzo loves dirtball whiffers....our bench is chock full of them....hope you overpaid Effsticks beg the fans to return to your stadium....I know I won't be there even if tickets are free....a total waste of time....no one on this team of losers has learned a single thing over the span of nearly 170 games....balls in the dirt...swing at 'em...guys on base....leave 'em there....two strikes? fer chrissakes, don't choke up;  instead swing for the moon...don't spend any time learning how to bunt, how to hit behind runners....day after day, these j-offs keep doing the same thing...and accidentally won a bunch of games...but when the pressure rises, their performance falls....they are self-proclaimed champions when ahead by 14 runs....they are hopeless when behind........take up lawn bowling....

Anybody with a baseball brain knows this is not a good team. Why? Because they never learn. Like you said. They do the same dumb things over and over and never changed an approach. Total idiot-faced disgraces. Nobody coached 'em up. Nobody outside Murphy stepped up. Bunch of losers get to go spend their soft-earned money now, though. Live it up, boys.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

There were several times tonight when we failed to advance runners from third. So annoyed with DC teams. Redskins will disappoint me next.

Ironically, the other choke artists started their season tonight.

Offline mdnatsfan

Why did he take out 11?

chokers.  zimmerman was the only starter to hit the ball hard all night - and dusty ended his night with another dumbass double freaking switch

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

It was destined.

Offline natbomber

• In baseball, you don’t know nothing
This one really hurts. I don't know why I felt so confident. Sigh...

Offline Mighty Casey

Rizzo should make these feeble clowns watch this game over and over and over before the next payday....not that they would learn anything...

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Rizzo's Tommy Bahama loving ass is probably already on a plane to Arizona.

Offline nattily attired

God, I wish for perfomance-based pay in baseball. These dolts would all be homeless bums like they deserve.

Online Five Banners

another dumpster diver.....is anyone on this team of chokers capable of identifying a ball in the dirt from a strike? (no)...spring training next year should devote 18 hours a day for weeks forcing these clods to learn to recognize balls in the dirt from balls in the air.....Rizzo loves dirtball whiffers....our bench is chock full of them....a total waste of time....no one on this team of losers has learned a single thing over the span of nearly 170 games....balls in the dirt...swing at 'em...guys on base....leave 'em there....two strikes?

Watch Schu stay put.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
This one really hurts. I don't know why I felt so confident. Sigh...

Agreed.  And frustrating too. What if werth had stayed on third or someone could have gotten a clutch hit.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
I had a fun 167 games with you folks.

Bless the game of baseball and the Washington Nationals.

Tonight sucked. Ready for Spring Training.

Offline GMUTrkstar

Sure did, the Hart Trophy all-stars ugh...Tomorrow we'll here 1000 excuses from the local media.

Offline capsmp

Clear choices to be gone:

Hendley
Espinosa

There are many others, but these two have been glaring problems now for years. Put Turner in Espinosa's spot next year and sign a decent outfielder.

Offline capsmp

Sure did, the Hart Trophy all-stars ugh...Tomorrow we'll here 1000 excuses from the local media.

Caps losing to Pittsburgh...again and this choke job has really cemented my give a damn being busted. I just don't care anymore.

Gave up on the Caps last season when they were clearly the best team in the East. Nats coaches and chokers are same old. Losers.

Offline awbb

Dodgers of Los Angeles might nick one off the Cubs, curse or no curse. Not sure they are much more than 1 competent post-season pitcher and a hot bat at this point. That was all that was needed though... I felt we beat ourselves tonight and I usually don't tend to feel that.

Our inability to hit Joe Blanton throughout the series was vexing in the extreme.