Author Topic: Two other pitcher to keep an eye on  (Read 1206 times)

Offline PennSkinsFan

• DC Pro Sports Report
Two other pitcher to keep an eye on
« Topic Start: August 12, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »
http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/08/nats-farm-report-aug-12-----storen-picks-up-first-aa-save.html

We mentioned them above in our farm report on last night's games.  Andre Kown is having a solid season.  Started out the year in the bullpen and has since become a starter.  Overall, Kown is 8-1 with a 3.07 ERA between AA and AAA. 

The other one is bullpen P Dan Leatherman.  Leatherman is having an excellent year in Potomac.  Overall, Leatherman is 5-1 with 4 saves and a 3.12 ERA.  He has pitched 58.2 innings of relief and has 54 strikeouts. 

Anyone see these two pitch?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Two other pitcher to keep an eye on
« Reply #1: August 13, 2009, 05:26:40 PM »
http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/08/nats-farm-report-aug-12-----storen-picks-up-first-aa-save.html

We mentioned them above in our farm report on last night's games.  Andre Kown is having a solid season.  Started out the year in the bullpen and has since become a starter.  Overall, Kown is 8-1 with a 3.07 ERA between AA and AAA. 

The other one is bullpen P Dan Leatherman.  Leatherman is having an excellent year in Potomac.  Overall, Leatherman is 5-1 with 4 saves and a 3.12 ERA.  He has pitched 58.2 innings of relief and has 54 strikeouts. 

Anyone see these two pitch?

I think Sportsfan has seen Leatherman, is a big fan.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #2: August 13, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »
I think Sportsfan has seen Leatherman, is a big fan.
yeah. he's awesome. I don't understand why they haven't bumped him up to AA. his numbers are so solid.

He's a local guy too. Born in Frederick, Maryland and went to college at Frederick Community College and then West Virginia University. Undrafted FA by the Twins in '06. I am puzzled that they let him go.

In '06 he put up a 0.64 ERA for their rookie team and a 2.05 ERA for their low A team. In '07 he spent the whole year with their Low A team as a reliever and went 7-4 with a 3.89 ERA. The Twins released him after that season.

Last year he posted a 2.68 ERA in 50.1 innings with Hagerstown for the Nats and then finished the season pitching in the playoffs for Potomac and did well.

Career 2.84 ERA. Turned 24 last month.

Offline NeedaNewNick

« Reply #3: August 14, 2009, 10:13:12 AM »
spoke to Leatherman briefly at a P-Nats game, he was intrigued with something on my friend's shirt, and we were in the 1st row right behind the P-Nat bullpen