Author Topic: See You at Game 1 in Houston  (Read 1065 times)

Offline USF_Football

Re: See You at Game 1 in Houston
« Topic Start: October 25, 2019, 02:11:11 PM »
The seats were incredible - the Astros fans were quite kind - I guess the Yankees fans were what you typically expect from NY. A couple Astros fans in our row were playing "pass the pot" for each hitter that was up and my buddy and I got in on the action (Zimmerman homered when I was holding the money - so I pocketed a couple bucks early on and was playing with house money). The older fans with season tickets realized quite quickly I was one of those "louder" fans trying to get our fan base going, so they were definitely having fun attempting to drown me out throughout the game. Matt Adams had a good laugh from some of the comments I was making while Cole was pitching. Parra engaged the Astros' season ticket holder in front of me who was reminding the Nationals of Scherzer's pitch count after every SINGLE pitch. He would then ask the fan what pitch should Scherzer throw to the next batter - this went on for a good half inning. It was just a good time - and obviously the W made it even better.