Author Topic: Going to my first two Nats games of the season in Milwaukee..  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Honey Booboo is probably of legal age in Georgia
If you don't troll the Brewers, you are going to force me to find someone to marry in order to Troll all of Atlanta....

This idea is too good not to happen.

Offline Copecwby20

Honey Booboo is probably of legal age in Georgia

Do I need to provide a chronological timeline of the girls that I've dated so you aren't under the misconception that I date anything other than a girl that could be considered at least Above Average +?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
I am not doubting your skill at scoring quality tail, I was just thinking of maximum local star power.  I guess a Falcons cheerleader would do as well.
Do I need to provide a chronological timeline of the girls that I've dated so you aren't under the misconception that I date anything other than a girl that could be considered at least Above Average +?

Offline Copecwby20

I am not doubting your skill at scoring quality tail, I was just thinking of maximum local star power.  I guess a Falcons cheerleader would do as well.

I import my tail.... It keeps me out of the incestuous riff raff and gives the locals something to aspire towards.

Offline Coladar

....OK, maybe I'm just not romantic here, but....if you aren't going to propose to her until the game....why would she wear Nats gear under Brewers gear....and wouldn't you rather hear her answer before you start taking off both of your shirts....that's a lot to squeeze into what might be 30 seconds....especially if you havent rehearsed it

Maybe I'm being delusional in thinking this could happen, but I'd try MASN. Tell them you're a long time fan from Expos days and want to propose to your gf with the added caveat of being a Nats fan.

The jumbotron thing seems so cliche nowadays, and your situation as an 'away' fan at an away game is unique. I could see trying one of two things - less ideally, see if MASN would work with you and televise it - Jumbotron equals 20,000. TV is both far reaching and captured for all time. Like have the sideline reporter come down, seem to randomly interview you, then you pop the question.

The best of the best is if MASN could facilitate the team's involvement. I could see like trying to get a seat behind their dugout, have a player roll-hand you or her a ball 'autographed' with "Will you marry me?"

Or sitting in the same place, if you could have a few players turn around, wave/call her over and then say they have a question to ask her. Then have five or six players each ask her to marry them, until finally you're behind/beside her on one knee and tap her to divert her attention to you, and pop the question.

I really think with the out of town aspect, you've got a damn better chance at something crazy than just another bloke going to a local game to propose in front of a bunch of people. Definitely don't have anything to lose e-mailing MASN or trying to contact a big wig, whether Bob, FP or someone beyond a generic MASN Contact Us e-mail.

Offline expos1994

Well sadly we didn't get engaged on the jumbotron...  I asked her at a little park across from our hotel right before we went to the game on Sat.

But I am the happiest guy on the planet right now.

We had a great time and the Nats won the game on the day we got engaged. Really were hoping for the sweep... but that one got away from us.  Still had an awesome time at the 2nd game. It was her first game and she loved it.  She was already a big fan and very knowledgeable about this year's team. But I can tell that actually seeing them in person has made her an even bigger fan.

I was surprised by how many Nats fans were at the game. We had a nice little following there. One of my favorite moments was this dad and son wearing Brewers gear sitting next to us. When Harper came up to bat in the first inning the little boy pointed at the jumbotron and said "Hey dad.. That's my favorite player".

Here's a few pics from the best weekend of my life.

Now let's sweep the dirty Braves and get involved in this wild card race!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Congratulations! 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Well sadly we didn't get engaged on the jumbotron...  I asked her at a little park across from our hotel right before we went to the game on Sat.

We had a great time and the Nats won the game on the day we got engaged. Really were hoping for the sweep... but that one got away from us.  Still had an awesome time at the 2nd game. It was her first game and she loved it.  She was already a big fan and very knowledgeable about this year's team. But I can tell that actually seeing them in person has made her an even bigger fan.

I was surprised by how many Nats fans were at the game. We had a nice little following there. One of my favorite moments was this dad and son wearing Brewers gear sitting next to us. When Harper came up to bat in the first inning the little boy pointed at the jumbotron and said "Hey dad.. That's my favorite player".

Well done.   Congratulations !

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Congrats Mr. 1994!

Copec, no more threesomes. You need to take one for the team and meet a person (man or woman) that you love and make sure they want to go to a Braves game. Make it happen.

Offline Copecwby20

Taren would probably come down and get fake engaged to me just to troll the Ted

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Jesus, she's pretty. Why's she bothering with you?  :lol:

Offline expos1994

Jesus, she's pretty. Why's she bothering with you?  :lol:

Haha... I ask myself that every day.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Go make great-looking Nats fans. The world could use more.

Haha... I ask myself that every day.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
This thread is becoming uncomfortably personal. I feel like I'm reading the guy's Facebook page.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Taren would probably come down and get fake engaged to me just to troll the Ted
Make it happen and I recommend that WNFF reimburse the price of your ticket through a donation drive! I pledge a donation.

:clap:

Offline Copecwby20

I'll look into it. I'll get some Braves shirts and have velcro stripped down the sides ALA tear away basketball pants just for it.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.

Congrats!!!!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
What a cute couple!  CONGRATS!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
I'll look into it. I'll get some Braves shirts and have velcro stripped down the sides ALA tear away basketball pants just for it.
If George Washington said "I'll look into it" we'd still be speaking British and have tea time instead of tee time.