Author Topic: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 3  (Read 17173 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 3
« Reply #300: April 19, 2014, 04:08:22 PM »
Matty benched Harper for lack of hustle and doesn't mind who knows it...
Omg for real??? My loathing of our new manager continues to grow :evil:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #301: April 19, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »
Harper just needs to say that he's learning from williams about respect for the game and that he'll try harder and use steroids

Offline vicki4471

« Reply #302: April 19, 2014, 04:18:54 PM »
They just interviewed Bryce and he was very classy about it.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #303: April 19, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »
I don't get why people are quitting on the Nats season. I don't give a crap if they are bad, mediocre or awesome. I'm not giving up on the season or will stop watching because they aren't setting the league on fire. It's the first month of the season and people are saying they can't wait until football. Someone else told me that crap the other day less than one month into the season! Too many whiny wusses who can only watch and enjoy when things are going well.  :hang:

Offline Dave301

« Reply #304: April 19, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »
Matty benched Harper for lack of hustle and doesn't mind who knows it...

That's good because everyone will be talking about it.

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw  4m
Oh good grief. Williams' hiring looks like a huge mistake already. “@chasehughesCSN: Bryce Harper benched for lack of hustle. #Nats”

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #305: April 19, 2014, 04:25:35 PM »
Just watched the game on DVR after work.  The outfield arms are a joke besides Harper.  Fransden and Werth both had good shots at throwing people out at home and came up poor. 

So Williams will bench Harper for not running out a clear out to the pitcher but leaves Desmond in game after game with as many errors as he commits?  I don't get it.  Especially when you've got someone like Walters playing so well.  Get him some ABs already.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #306: April 19, 2014, 04:32:56 PM »

So Williams will bench Harper for not running out a clear out to the pitcher but leaves Desmond in game after game with as many errors as he commits?  I don't get it. 

Seriously dude? I think you know better than that.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #307: April 19, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »
I don't get why people are quitting on the Nats season. I don't give a crap if they are bad, mediocre or awesome. I'm not giving up on the season or will stop watching because they aren't setting the league on fire. It's the first month of the season and people are saying they can't wait until football. Someone else told me that crap the other day less than one month into the season! Too many whiny wusses who can only watch and enjoy when things are going well.  :hang:

But we will have the same manager all year and so far he stinks :( not giving up on the team but have zero faith that Matt Williams knows how to get the best put of his talented but erratic roster

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #308: April 19, 2014, 04:40:47 PM »
Seriously dude? I think you know better than that.

I seriously think Desmond needs a day or two off.  The errors he has been committing have been terrible.  His head isn't there on defense.  Let Walters get a game or two in and let Desmond get his head straight. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #309: April 19, 2014, 04:41:18 PM »
But we will have the same manager all year and so far he stinks :( not giving up on the team but have zero faith that Matt Williams knows how to get the best put of his talented but erratic roster

Calling a spade a spade is a good start...

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #310: April 19, 2014, 04:42:27 PM »

I agree with Spider as far as not giving up, crap it not even one month into the season. 

Plus Williams has managed what 18 games now?  I doubt anyone was amazing and pulled all the right strings in their first season at the helm.  There is a learning curve which had to be expected when hiring a first time manager.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #311: April 19, 2014, 04:44:32 PM »
I seriously think Desmond needs a day or two off.  The errors he has been committing have been terrible.  His head isn't there on defense.  Let Walters get a game or two in and let Desmond get his head straight. 

But that's still not the same thing. If you think Desmond's focus is off and he needs to clear his head fine. But you can't bench him for errors unless you're going to replace him permanently and that isn't happening. Unless the thinking is that Desmond's errors are due to lack of commitment or hustle.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #312: April 19, 2014, 04:44:39 PM »
Calling a spade a spade is a good start...
I don't understand, you think benching Harper was the right call? Seems petty and like a "little big man" move to me

Offline spidernat

« Reply #313: April 19, 2014, 04:46:26 PM »
  I doubt anyone was amazing and pulled all the right strings in their first season at the helm. 

The problems go well beyond the manager. My point was mostly that I can't understand how people are already moving on from 2014. I'm going to enjoy the season no matter what. crap I've been a fan of this team since 2005 and I enjoyed watching games even when they stayed in the buck.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #314: April 19, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »
Plus Williams has managed what 18 games now?  I doubt anyone was amazing and pulled all the right strings in their first season at the helm.  There is a learning curve which had to be expected when hiring a first time manager.

Guy in my avatar has worked with the best manager in baseball for years, pretty sure his learning curve would've been a whole lot shorter IMO

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #315: April 19, 2014, 04:47:05 PM »
But that's still not the same thing. If you think Desmond's focus is off and he needs to clear his head fine. But you can't bench him for errors unless you're going to replace him permanently and that isn't happening. Unless the thinking is that Desmond's errors are due to lack of commitment or hustle.

Clearly Desmond's focus is off.  You don't miss routine ground balls, and make poor throws as often as he has purely on accident. 

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #316: April 19, 2014, 04:47:58 PM »
The problems go well beyond the manager. My point was mostly that I can't understand how people are already moving on from 2014. I'm going to enjoy the season no matter what. crap I've been a fan of this team since 2005 and I enjoyed watching games even when they stayed in the buck.

I'm not sure there are many rational people giving up on 2014 yet.  Wasn't one of them BH?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #317: April 19, 2014, 04:48:40 PM »
I don't understand, you think benching Harper was the right call? Seems petty and like a "little big man" move to me

They had a deal...not to mention the 100+ years of tradition that Bryce has routinely dissed.  I'd have pulled him as well...probably before this.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #318: April 19, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »
I'm not sure there are many rational people giving up on 2014 yet.  Wasn't one of them BH?

I think that was BiL...since they always lose when he goes to the games.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #319: April 19, 2014, 04:50:08 PM »
Guy in my avatar has worked with the best manager in baseball for years, pretty sure his learning curve would've been a whole lot shorter IMO

That's just an opinion obviously no one knows for sure.  Anyone calling for Williams' head already is an amateur GM apparently.  He is already way better IMO than Davey was last year. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #320: April 19, 2014, 04:50:39 PM »
Exactly, Spider's just being a drama queen :)

Offline spidernat

« Reply #321: April 19, 2014, 04:51:19 PM »

True. In fact the person that said this to me the other day maybe watches 30 games a year.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #322: April 19, 2014, 04:51:46 PM »
That's just an opinion obviously no one knows for sure.  Anyone calling for Williams' head already is an amateur GM apparently.  He is already way better IMO than Davey was last year. 
Color me unimpressed so far, hoping he does well though

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #323: April 19, 2014, 04:52:14 PM »
Will the Nationals defy history?

(Image removed from quote.)

The pattern is real.

(Image removed from quote.)

Still tracking...

Offline spidernat

« Reply #324: April 19, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »
.not to mention the 100+ years of tradition that Bryce has routinely dissed.