Author Topic: Nats and the 2012 Non-Waiver Trade deadline watch  (Read 91119 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
If you have to remake your team with 2-4 players before the trade deadline are you really a contender?   I say not.   Chemistry has something to be said for too.  The Nats have been extremely resilient through a large amount of injuries to key players.  I for one wasn't really feeling the need to do too much at the deadline.  When the playoffs hit, you usually only use three starting pitchers anyway.  We'll be fine.  Lannan can get in three to four starts in the last part of Sept to get us through.  Then he goes relief anyway.

I am basically pleased with the production from all the back up cathers.  Middle infield is my biggest concern.  But who is to say we can't fill that hole on the Aug waiver wire?

I like the team they way they are.  THey were built for 2013 and 2014.  And thanks to a patient GM today, they still are built for 2013 and 2014.  This year is a bonus.  There is no reason they can't win the division they way they are, even without Strasburg.    Once in the playoffs, all bets are off.  Go Nats!

No one wanted to trade the future away. So regardless of what deals were made today, we always would have been built for 2013 and 14. Of course, we also could have increased our chances in 2012... but passed on that.