Author Topic: Your card is your ticket to the game  (Read 23814 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Your card is your ticket to the game
« Reply #475: April 09, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »
Another one of my partners just got her card in the mail.  One card.  Singular.

We have 4 seats in our plan ...

Offline butlerds

« Reply #476: April 09, 2013, 02:54:23 PM »
How do partners sell tickets on StubHub?  I can go to My Tickets and see all the tickets and put them on StubHub, but they can't see any of them?

Offline BossDetwiler

« Reply #477: April 09, 2013, 03:03:32 PM »
I was told by a guest services rep that partners don't have the same powers as the primary account holder.

Offline butlerds

« Reply #478: April 09, 2013, 03:08:12 PM »
I was told by a guest services rep that partners don't have the same powers as the primary account holder.

Yeah, but this is worse than last year since they don't have the barcode.  I guess they have to email themselves the tickets?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #479: April 09, 2013, 03:47:14 PM »
How do partners sell tickets on StubHub?  I can go to My Tickets and see all the tickets and put them on StubHub, but they can't see any of them?

You can email the tickets to yourself, then use the number by the barcode to list them.

There is an email function within the Access area for this purpose.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #480: April 10, 2013, 02:31:46 AM »
:old:

Wait a second... Two posts about my post, comprised of two emoticons. If a picture is really worth a thousand words, your replies to my novel have me beat by... 1191 words. Jesus, two sentences. Max.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #481: April 10, 2013, 08:14:51 AM »
 :clap:
Wait a second... Two posts about my post, comprised of two emoticons. If a picture is really worth a thousand words, your replies to my novel have me beat by... 1191 words. Jesus, two sentences. Max.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #482: April 10, 2013, 08:27:48 AM »

Oh yeah?  Here's another 1,000 to think about.

:poke:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #483: April 15, 2013, 08:25:20 PM »
Got 15% off a Curly  :w: shot glass last Sunday using my card.    :woop:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #484: April 16, 2013, 04:54:12 PM »
has anyone given tickets away via the e-mail seats function on nationals.com/access?  if so please let me know.  thanks.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

« Reply #485: April 16, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »
has anyone given tickets away via the e-mail seats function on nationals.com/access?  if so please let me know.  thanks.

I have

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #486: April 16, 2013, 05:05:29 PM »

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #487: April 16, 2013, 06:04:46 PM »
Another quirk with the cards I discovered....I have two plans that have different partners. But there's no option for sending cards to partners just for one plan.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #488: April 16, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »
Another quirk with the cards I discovered....I have two plans that have different partners. But there's no option for sending cards to partners just for one plan.

That's part of how I ended up with almost a dozen cards.

Offline UofRfan

« Reply #489: April 16, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »
Anyone give away or sell diamond club tickets via the new method and confirm the receiver still gets access to the club?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #490: April 16, 2013, 08:05:55 PM »

Sure, what's the problem?

Offline Moore Athletic

« Reply #491: April 29, 2013, 01:12:27 AM »
Just a tip on printing the email tickets, as I had to do today from my own account when I was somewhere without my cards: make sure to check that the barcode is printed in its entirety.  For some reason, the downloaded PDF was defaulting to a truncated image that cut off the top portion of the barcode when it primted, and I had to manually shrink the entire print job to get the barcode on the ticket.  Better to have an eye out for it than to get to the ballpark and have to waste time with customer service getting your ticket reprinted.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #492: April 29, 2013, 07:28:08 AM »
Just a tip on printing the email tickets, as I had to do today from my own account when I was somewhere without my cards: make sure to check that the barcode is printed in its entirety.  For some reason, the downloaded PDF was defaulting to a truncated image that cut off the top portion of the barcode when it primted, and I had to manually shrink the entire print job to get the barcode on the ticket.  Better to have an eye out for it than to get to the ballpark and have to waste time with customer service getting your ticket reprinted.

It happened to me lots so I just use the second barcode that's on the lower right. Works the same.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #493: April 29, 2013, 03:51:27 PM »

Anecdotal, unverified information but saw this happen twice this weekend..... Full season ticket holders who either forgot or had not recieved confirmation that their seats had sold, arriving to find their seats occupied by people with valid tickets...but the season ticket holder had used their card to gain access to the park....interesting anomoly?
This was not a case of being recognized by the ushers, the cards had gotten green lights coming into the park.

I think there are a still a few bugs in the system.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #494: May 16, 2013, 12:50:46 PM »
The ticket card made its Mystics debut yesterday, and - at least in my case - quite successfully. It works just like the Wizards system, and the ticket receipt printed out on the first try.

The Nationals system however, with its green-light reader and no receipt necessary, is still better (I've also transferred Nats tickets to fellow STH successfully on two different occasions).

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #495: May 16, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »
Anecdotal, unverified information but saw this happen twice this weekend..... Full season ticket holders who either forgot or had not recieved confirmation that their seats had sold, arriving to find their seats occupied by people with valid tickets...but the season ticket holder had used their card to gain access to the park....interesting anomoly?
This was not a case of being recognized by the ushers, the cards had gotten green lights coming into the park.

Tested this personally on Saturday - it was either an inaccurate statement or they have fixed it.
Hope I didn't get folks too excited

Offline machpost

« Reply #496: May 16, 2013, 04:11:41 PM »
The turnaround time for ticket exchanges seems to be getting faster, too.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #497: May 18, 2013, 03:36:25 PM »
The ticket card made its Mystics debut yesterday, and - at least in my case - quite successfully. It works just like the Wizards system, and the ticket receipt printed out on the first try.

The Nationals system however, with its green-light reader and no receipt necessary, is still better (I've also transferred Nats tickets to fellow STH successfully on two different occasions).

I find the Verizon Center system, especially the "one card per account rather than per seat" aspect, more frustrating since they ramped up security after the Boston bombing because it just makes it that much more chaotic as you have to sort yourselves out between security and the ticket-taker. It's also dumb the way the ticket-takers there are constantly having to switch between barcode scanners (for paper tickets) and magnetic-stripe swipers (for people using ticket cards).

Offline psu2008

« Reply #498: May 20, 2013, 12:16:40 AM »

This happened to me during the Sunday, April 28 game against the Reds. I completely forgot my tickets sold and we went to the game. Our cards gave us green lights. We got to the seats and the people that bought the seats were already there. It was a non-issue since it was my mistake. We just left and went to the scoreboard walk before finding random empty seats.

Complete mistake/brain fart on my part, but I was surprised the cards were still active for that game. Not gonna lie, I've thought about testing it again, but I won't.

Offline machpost

« Reply #499: May 20, 2013, 10:02:20 AM »
I find the Verizon Center system, especially the "one card per account rather than per seat" aspect, more frustrating since they ramped up security after the Boston bombing because it just makes it that much more chaotic as you have to sort yourselves out between security and the ticket-taker. It's also dumb the way the ticket-takers there are constantly having to switch between barcode scanners (for paper tickets) and magnetic-stripe swipers (for people using ticket cards).

That security mess at the Verizon Center was in place long before the Boston incident. I wen to a Caps game early in the season, and the security guards with metal detectors were in place at least back that far. Though when I was there, they were ushering pretty much every other person through without any sort of scan, which seems to defeat the purpose.