Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2 (Curly W)  (Read 24705 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "Vladman1327"
In defense of Kearns and Lopez, the Nationals really have no shot at making the playoffs or anything.  I do not like the fact that Lopez is not trying (I do not get the games on TV, but this is what I have heard), but it is a little depressing to get traded from a contending team to a last place team.  Plus, they just came off a trade.

I do miss Bray and Majewski and Clayton, but these guys, in my opinion will have a much bigger impact in the next few years.  They are both young, everyday players.  Plus, remember, we still have Luis Ayala, who is an ace out of the bullpen.  Majewski was not performing this year.  Bray will probably be good, but Kearns and Lopez are everyday players who have played everyday for a couple of years.

I think this trade was a great move, even if we are losing Bray.  We got Wagner, who is supposed to have a lot of potential.  Plus, now, we have the 6th pick in next year's draft (yeah, we are that bad).  I also think it is too early to just yell at Lopez and Kearns when we all know that we have no chance at the playoffs.  In fact, it may be more beneficial to lose.  As hard as it may seem to root against our beloved Nationals, we are in a rebuilding process.  So, maybe all these errors are not a bad thing. :)

And I thought I was the biggest cockeyed Optimist on the planet ...