Author Topic: super bowl commercials  (Read 224 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
super bowl commercials
« Topic Start: February 14, 2022, 09:49:00 AM »
Should have put this up yesterday, but . . .

Liked the Sopranos commercial.

I did not concentrate to recognize Jamie-Lynn Siegler until she got out of the car and hugged AJ (whatever his name is).  Nice payoff.  Chevy truck, so remembered the product, too.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: super bowl commercials
« Reply #1: February 14, 2022, 09:56:43 AM »
Liked the mind-reading Alexa best.

I did not concentrate to recognize Jamie-Lynn Siegler until she got out of the car and hugged AJ (whatever his name is).  Nice payoff.  Chevy truck, so remembered the product, too.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2: February 14, 2022, 10:07:19 AM »
Liked the mind-reading Alexa best.

I had seen clips of it before, but yes, "remind me to fake my death" was the best. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #3: February 14, 2022, 10:49:07 AM »

You didn't catch her profile pulling away from the toll? She looked like a boss, my son instantly texted me "thought they were reviving Sopranos with Meadow heading the family now and was psyched!!" I felt the same lol
The two you guys mentioned were good and the avocado one making fun of Bills fans crashing through tables made me chuckle but on the whole the commercials blew, where did the creative ad people go?? What a waste of far too much money for a ton of companies.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #4: February 14, 2022, 10:50:43 AM »
the bowling one with Payton Manning should have ended with John Goodman and Jeff Bridges walking in reprising their Big Lebowski characters since they already had Buscemi

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #5: February 14, 2022, 11:01:46 AM »
The bowling alley being called "Superior Bowl" was a nice touch.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6: February 14, 2022, 01:50:10 PM »
You didn't catch her profile pulling away from the toll? She looked like a boss, my son instantly texted me "thought they were reviving Sopranos with Meadow heading the family now and was psyched!!" I felt the same lol
The two you guys mentioned were good and the avocado one making fun of Bills fans crashing through tables made me chuckle but on the whole the commercials blew, where did the creative ad people go?? What a waste of far too much money for a ton of companies.
I missed the early part of the commercial (not concentrating) and just heard the music. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #7: February 14, 2022, 01:56:52 PM »
I missed the early part of the commercial (not concentrating) and just heard the music. 
Gotcha. I thought it was great but am confused why they pulled up in front of some random seafood restaurant on the shore and not the restaurant from the final scene of the show, THAT would have been awesome. Maybe they didn't have an electric plug-in there for her truck lol

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8: February 14, 2022, 02:00:18 PM »
Gotcha. I thought it was great but am confused why they pulled up in front of some random seafood restaurant on the shore and not the restaurant from the final scene of the show, THAT would have been awesome. Maybe they didn't have an electric plug-in there for her truck lol
'cause I'd imagine they would not want to go back to the place where their Dad was shot by the guy coming out of the bathroom.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #9: February 14, 2022, 02:33:08 PM »
'cause I'd imagine they would not want to go back to the place where their Dad was shot by the guy coming out of the bathroom.

I'm sure they had to go back once... any decent floor manager would have given them their meal for free that night, as well as a comped meal coupon. If he didn't, the Yelp reviews would have been savage.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10: February 14, 2022, 04:14:47 PM »
I'm sure they had to go back once... any decent floor manager would have given them their meal for free that night, as well as a comped meal coupon. If he didn't, the Yelp reviews would have been savage.
"Great onion rings.  To die for. Literally."