Author Topic: Cubs tell Milton Bradley to kick rocks.  (Read 838 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Cubs tell Milton Bradley to kick rocks.
« Topic Start: September 20, 2009, 10:25:38 PM »
Bradley suspended for rest of season
By Paul Sullivan

ST. LOUIS -- For this season, it's game over for Milton Bradley.

The outspoken outfielder, who took shots at the Cubs in a Saturday interview with the Daily Herald, has been suspended for the rest of the season, according to general manager Jim Hendry.

"The last few days became too much for me to tolerate," Hendry said.

"I'm certainly not going to let our great fans become excuses," Hendry said. "I'm not going to tolerate [Bradley] not being able to answer questions from the media respectably."

This came after Bradley's encounter Thursday when reporters asked Bradley about taking himself out of the game without a pinch runner ready following a hit. The scene played out like this:

Reporters: What happened with the injury?

Bradley: "I'm not talking about that. What else you got?"

Reporters: Why did you come out?

Bradley: "I got knee inflammation. I got two knee surgeries. That happens when you got knee surgery, in case you don't know. What else you got?"

Reporters: How long will you be out?

Bradley: "What else you got? Anything significant?"

This went on and on until Bradley turned his back, ending the interview.

Bradley is not with the team as the Cubs prepare for a 7:05 p.m. game against the division-leading Cardinals.

The Cubs signed the oft-moved Bradley to a three-year, $30 million contract in the off-season but are expected to try to trade him this off-season after one disappointing campaign on the North Side.

remember when Dunn was basically begging the Cubs or Dodgers to offer him a contract, and the Cubs signed Bradley instead. :lmao:

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/09/bradley-not-with-cubs-hendry-will-address-team.html

Offline PatsNats28

Re: Cubs tell Milton Bradley to kick rocks.
« Reply #1: September 20, 2009, 10:57:34 PM »
hes right, cubs fans suck

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #2: September 21, 2009, 12:01:08 AM »
Bradley is trash. It was foolhardy to sign that clubhouse cancer.

Jim Hendry said what needed to be said and moved on.

"There have been a lot of issues that we've lived with during the year," Hendry said Sunday, "but the last few days became too much for me to tolerate, to be honest with you. I'm not going to let our great fans become an excuse, I'm not going to tolerate not answering questions from the media respectfully. Whether you feel like talking or not, it's part of our jobs. I'm not going to allow disrespect to other people in that locker room and uniformed personnel.

"The only real negativity here is his own production."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090920&content_id=7067878&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #3: September 21, 2009, 12:03:20 AM »
I know one thing.  We don't need a team cancer like that on OUR team!   :nono:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #4: September 21, 2009, 08:43:07 AM »
Bradley is a freaking retard.  I'm so glad this happened to the Cubs.  They deserve every last bit of this for turning down Dunn for the exact same price.

« Reply #5: September 21, 2009, 10:51:47 AM »
Douche.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #6: September 21, 2009, 11:08:07 AM »
Bradley is a freaking retard.  I'm so glad this happened to the Cubs.  They deserve every last bit of this for turning down Dunn for the exact same price.

we actually paid LESS for Dunn than they did for Bradley.

Offline blue911

« Reply #7: September 21, 2009, 11:19:17 AM »
An oufield of Soriano,Fukudome and Dunn would be horrible. Jim Hendry deserves the Omar Minaya award for dumbest GM.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #8: September 21, 2009, 01:32:10 PM »
have fun for two more years.  I wonder how entertaining he'll be next year after being 'disrespected'

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #9: September 21, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
From the Daily Herald:

Bradley claimed to have no opinion on where he bats - “In the lineup,” he said of his preferred spot - and the only time he became expansive at all was when he was asked if he had enjoyed his first season in Chicago.

“Not really,” he said. “It’s just not a positive environment. I need a stable, healthy, enjoyable environment. There’s too many people everywhere in your face with a microphone asking the same questions repeatedly. Everything is just bashing you. You got out there and you play harder than anybody on the field and never get credit for it. It’s just negativity.

“And you understand why they haven’t won in 100 years here, because it’s negative. It’s what it is.”

:lmao:

After further review, let's not just hate on the man for being right.   :lol:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #10: September 21, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »