Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1  (Read 8032 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1
« Reply #325: March 28, 2019, 10:18:45 PM »
During much of today's game, SpiderNat was really bopping to something going on in Nats Park.  I couldn't hear the stadium music from the MASN2 broadcast, but anytime MASN showed the pitcher throwing to the catcher, Spider looked like something was making him rock it out -  during the entire game.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #326: March 28, 2019, 11:50:36 PM »
Nightmare of a season...

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #327: March 29, 2019, 12:05:34 AM »
During much of today's game, SpiderNat was really bopping to something going on in Nats Park.  I couldn't hear the stadium music from the MASN2 broadcast, but anytime MASN showed the pitcher throwing to the catcher, Spider looked like something was making him rock it out -  during the entire game.

Hope it wasn't a stroke.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #328: March 29, 2019, 03:05:05 AM »
Good morning friends! Ah the sweet taste of a new season, it felt just like last year when max served up a homer on a plate to yet another crap hitter, felt even more like last season when we had runners on the corners no outs and didn’t score. And I woke up before 5am for this

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #329: March 29, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »

With Opening Day comes a fair amount of pomp and circumstance. Another year with no President on the mound to throw out the first pitch, but the Nationals honored Billie Roy Cook, a two-tour Vietnam War veteran as an Officer in the 101st Airborne Division, where he earned two Bronze Stars, a Vietnam Cross of Gallantry, a Presidential Citation, and seven Battle Stars with the honor of throwing out the ceremonial first pitch.

The 82-year-old graduate of Northwestern State University fired the ball across home plate, right into the mitt of catcher Kurt Suzuki, before a sell-out crowd of 42,263 fans erupted into applause. An announcer introduced Cook, who turned down offers to play in the major leagues in order to join the Army as an officer.

Cook is in Northwestern’s N-Club Hall of Fame and his No. 10 jersey is retired, . He won a school-record 29 games from 1957-59 as a right-handed pitcher.

WHY DID THIS NEED TO BE A BIG SECRET?
 :donkey: :turrible:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #330: March 29, 2019, 12:52:38 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

With Opening Day comes a fair amount of pomp and circumstance. Another year with no President on the mound to throw out the first pitch, but the Nationals honored Billie Roy Cook, a two-tour Vietnam War veteran as an Officer in the 101st Airborne Division, where he earned two Bronze Stars, a Vietnam Cross of Gallantry, a Presidential Citation, and seven Battle Stars with the honor of throwing out the ceremonial first pitch.

The 82-year-old graduate of Northwestern State University fired the ball across home plate, right into the mitt of catcher Kurt Suzuki, before a sell-out crowd of 42,263 fans erupted into applause. An announcer introduced Cook, who turned down offers to play in the major leagues in order to join the Army as an officer.

Cook is in Northwestern’s N-Club Hall of Fame and his No. 10 jersey is retired, . He won a school-record 29 games from 1957-59 as a right-handed pitcher. (Image removed from quote.)

WHY DID THIS NEED TO BE A BIG SECRET?
 :donkey: :turrible:

There was a nice piece about the first pitch and an interview with this vet on one of the local channels last night.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #331: March 29, 2019, 01:03:06 PM »

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #332: March 29, 2019, 01:15:42 PM »

I drove past this on my way to a relative's home during Opening Day. The I-495 Beltway was still closed from Tyson's Corner to the American Legion Bridge at 12:30 am last night.

I drove north on VA-7 through Leesburg to Route 15 to Point of Rocks into Maryland, and could immediately jump onto MD-28 East. No traffic. 103.5 WTOP-FM was still reporting traffic on alternate routes through DC.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #333: March 29, 2019, 01:22:29 PM »
President Eisenhower was the 34th president of the US - would be a good replacement name for that ego hound who used to play right field

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #334: March 29, 2019, 02:30:20 PM »
very fortunate that truck didn't explode.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline awbb