Author Topic: Attendance impact of World Series  (Read 2686 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Attendance impact of World Series
« Reply #50: November 06, 2019, 10:33:42 AM »
But I’m pretty sure the team uses stubhub to sell inventory (not all of it, and I think it’s to avoid the issues you cite above). And they definitely don’t have a “face value” any more. The tickets are dynamically priced based on demand even when sold on the Nats website.

The team still probably has a floor that people who bought purely for WS tickets and just want to recoup as much as they can don’t. I’d expect that most brokers simply want to get anything from the tickets. Personally I’m hoping for cheaper tickets on stub hub next season

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #51: November 06, 2019, 10:37:04 AM »
I think folks are suggesting that the extra season tickets sold will lead to the secondary market being flooded by   folks who really were not intending to go to too many regular season games.  I suppose if it is a decision between "should I try to resell the ticket I have tonight through my single half season seat plan or should I think about going to see the Mariners mid-week," I'll guess the resale value will be limited, so maybe that person goes if it is a nice night, or maybe they just say "FP kind of grows on you when you are on your 3d gin and tonic."

Bluestreak - re: your immediately prior explanation of your thoughts - I don't think the Nats will ever sell a ticket below face unless it is in a group deal.  You'll get 2:1 offers, maybe liberalization of RCRs for specific games, but never below face.  Flooding the secondary market will lead to sales below face there.  It's like what I used to do with an extra pair - sell a $130 pair out of a quad to reseller outside the stadium for $20 so I get my beer and dog covered.  I'm out the $130, so any money is better than none.

I never buy through any official dealer. I just sort by price on Stubhub and see what the seats for the cheapest amount is. I remember when I got section 313 for the game that we clinched in 2012. I bought the tickets for 20 bucks and they started selling for 60 dollars a piece.  Or if my buddy has a connection I can get behind home plate with all you can drink/eat for 90 bucks. Those are the ones worth going to.

Offline miller10

« Reply #52: November 06, 2019, 10:46:35 AM »
I never buy through any official dealer. I just sort by price on Stubhub and see what the seats for the cheapest amount is. I remember when I got section 313 for the game that we clinched in 2012. I bought the tickets for 20 bucks and they started selling for 60 dollars a piece.  Or if my buddy has a connection I can get behind home plate with all you can drink/eat for 90 bucks. Those are the ones worth going to.

Agreed, I always go to seatgeek and stubhub for my Nats tickets since you can usually get them around the season ticket holder price.  Opening Day is the only time I buy through the official site.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #53: November 06, 2019, 10:49:06 AM »
Thanks Chief

Edited some posts.  Please stop insulting people without cause.  Negativity "call-outs" are borderline, but straight up name-calling is going to garner a formal warning next time.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #54: November 06, 2019, 10:52:00 AM »
Edited some posts.  Please stop insulting people without cause.  Negativity "call-outs" are borderline, but straight up name-calling is going to garner a formal warning next time.
Jackass moderators. ;)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #55: November 06, 2019, 10:54:38 AM »
In the past 7 years, we have been able to get 2 cheap day of game seats in the 400 section, then bribe the usher where we used to sit behind the visitor's dugout.  We probably saved $40.  But this scheme is likely to end after this past season.

Another factor here is the overall cost for a family to come to Nats Park.  Besides tickets, the concession prices are getting tough for a stereotypical family of 4.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #56: November 06, 2019, 11:14:25 AM »
In the past 7 years, we have been able to get 2 cheap day of game seats in the 400 section, then bribe the usher where we used to sit behind the visitor's dugout.  We probably saved $40.  But this scheme is likely to end after this past season.

Another factor here is the overall cost for a family to come to Nats Park.  Besides tickets, the concession prices are getting tough for a stereotypical family of 4.

When I go by myself, I always get a cheap 400 seat and walk around. I hate sitting anyway.

Offline SharkNats

« Reply #57: November 06, 2019, 11:16:35 AM »

Plus parking

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #58: November 06, 2019, 11:17:56 AM »
Plus parking

The trick my Marylander friends do now is park at the Anacostia Metro garage and ride the Metro one station.

Offline SharkNats

« Reply #59: November 06, 2019, 12:16:19 PM »
The trick my Marylander friends do now is park at the Anacostia Metro garage and ride the Metro one station.

I've done that before and saved more money by walking over the bridge (instead of paying $5 for metro).
But that station cars have been broken into and things stolen before so kind of at your own risk.
They have like zero security in that lot.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #60: November 06, 2019, 02:09:58 PM »
I've done that before and saved more money by walking over the bridge (instead of paying $5 for metro).
But that station cars have been broken into and things stolen before so kind of at your own risk.
They have like zero security in that lot.

That’s where the guy working on the bridge got killed on a weekday this summer by someone living in the woods in between the metro station and the bridge

Offline SharkNats

« Reply #61: November 08, 2019, 07:03:41 AM »
That’s where the guy working on the bridge got killed on a weekday this summer by someone living in the woods in between the metro station and the bridge

Looked it up and a building inspector got stabbed to death on the bridge by a homeless person living in those woods.

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #62: November 09, 2019, 03:50:43 AM »
Looked it up and a building inspector got stabbed to death on the bridge by a homeless person living in those woods.

At least he saved the $5 metro fee.