Author Topic: Nationals vs Blue Jays, Game 3  (Read 15958 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Blue Jays, Game 3
« Reply #325: June 21, 2009, 09:38:15 PM »
"Right now he's scuffling a little bit, but he'll come out of it," manager Manny Acta said. "He's very mature, has good makeup and knows that's part of the game.

In his last three-plus games, Zimmerman is 0-17 with eight strikes outs. He's also left 19 men on base, including six today.

"Three bad games out of how many," Zimmerman said. "It happens to everybody. I'll enjoy the day off, come back and get back to it. There's nothing to worry about. I haven't felt that bad. They are making good pitches and I'm getting out."

Zimmerman is more concerned about how the Nationals play, not so much about his personal numbers.

"We've had a lot of opportunities and we haven't capitalized on nearly enough of them and we're still winning," said Zimmerman. "Without doing that, it's kind of a positive outlook as far as once we start getting hits, which we will; this team can really take off.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals vs Blue Jays, Game 3
« Reply #326: June 22, 2009, 10:31:11 AM »
Funny how sportsfan posts Zimmerman's quotes yet says nothing but if/when Acta says almost the exact same thing he posts obscenities aimed at Acta for daring to say anything positive or for trying to keep a positive outlook.