Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 104263 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #225: March 19, 2012, 05:27:50 PM »
Horton? The guy who's a New York Giant?

I thought he had been re-signed. My bad.

I don't see how yes is an answer to "was he cut before or after." The answer is after. He wasn't on the market when we signed Garcon. Were the Redskins supposed to predict the future or something?

Winston was cut before free agency started.

Garcon is entering his prime, gets massive YAC's.

Where do you get this from? I'm sure watching him break a couple here and there may give that impression but Garcon's best season in that category was 2011 in which he ranked 30th. Garcon averaged about 5 yards after the catch so I wouldn't call that massive. He didn't even rank in the top 50 in the previous two seasons. Hopefully though as you pointed out the numbers are on the rise and he will be able to improve on that. The one positive I see from Garcon is that most of his catches result in 1st downs and moving the chains is huge.

I don't understand why the offensive line keeps getting brought up. Did you not see how they dismantled the New York Giants D line IN New York? The Jets? Cowboys? They did a fine job. They could probably add depth, but making the line out to be this horrible #1 need is not true at all.

Too bad they didn't have Dallas, and the NY teams scheduled for all 16 games. They may have finished the season 6-10 instead of 5-11.  :? They definitely need to address the RT position. This idea of picking certain outings in which they did OK to delude themselves into thinking all is OK with the unit is part of the reason this team has been so bad for so long.