Author Topic: Terrible news from the Nats/o's game Wednesday  (Read 1190 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
So damn upsetting.

Offline Copecwby20

Some states have mutual combat laws right?

I mean, I'll never turn down a good knuckle dusting when necessary but only if both parties involved want to fight and it's for a good reason. I've offered free lessons on how to take an asswhoopin' to Braves fan's at Turner before, but I'm above instigating a conflict and then sucker punching someone.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

I mean, I'll never turn down a good knuckle dusting when necessary but only if both parties involved want to fight and it's for a good reason. I've offered free lessons on how to take an asswhoopin' to Braves fan's at Turner before, but I'm above instigating a conflict and then sucker punching someone.

Exactly   ...   mano a mano  ...   but you gotta be expecting a sucker punch when you go into this type situation.    Keep your head.

Offline HalfSmokes

I'm pretty sure that defense wouldn't work in a manslaughter case

Offline Copecwby20

I'm pretty sure that defense wouldn't work in a manslaughter case

The situation I'm describing is different than what happened at OPACY, but still.....

While I feel bad for the kid, you also have a responsibility to your date and yourself to maintain situational awareness. You can't defend anyone's honor when you are knocked out and bleeding from the head. Climbing UP to someone when they are already displaying aggressive behavior is stupid. You HAVE to know that won't end well. I'm not excusing those two jerks, I just think the poor kid handled the situation wrong.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
The situation I'm describing is different than what happened at OPACY, but still.....

While I feel bad for the kid, you also have a responsibility to your date and yourself to maintain situational awareness. You can't defend anyone's honor when you are knocked out and bleeding from the head. Climbing UP to someone when they are already displaying aggressive behavior is stupid. You HAVE to know that won't end well. I'm not excusing those two jerks, I just think the poor kid handled the situation wrong.

Bullseye  ... 

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
To be honest I didn't realize until I read the second linked article a second time (including the article I linked) that the injured man climbed up to confront the guys.  As mentioned earlier I still wish the best for him, and hope they throw the book at the guilty party, but why would you go searching out trouble?  Was it all the booze?  Defending the girl?  There are no winners involved here at all.