Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 104628 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #2025: January 02, 2013, 01:09:57 PM »
My mistake on the math as I was thinking in terms of a 16 game season and not 15. Look, I just disagree with the Vick comparison and the idea that he's a running qb because it marginalizes his abilities as a passer. The guy is turning into a complete qb and a potential game changer. The other big difference between Vick and Griffin is that once the play broke down, Vick just took off and ran. On the other hand, Griffin, looks to buy time and keeps his eyes downfield looking for a receiver and only runs when it's the best option. That is a huge difference. As he gets older and more experienced, I expect to see his number of carries to drop.

I don't think it marginalizes him, Vick with a brain and an accurate arm would have been a first ballot HOF and in the conversation for greatest quarterback ever. Those two deficiencies in Vick are what I like about Griffen- he's a track star who can run with the best of them, but he also graduate early and went a head and finished his first year of law school while a starting QB in the Big 12, and he's already one of the more accurate passers in the league.