Author Topic: Beer, Beer, and More Beer  (Read 75203 times)

Online HalfSmokes

Re: Beer, Beer, and More Beer
« Reply #1050: March 28, 2020, 04:56:29 PM »
Stopped at Port City in Alexandria earlier today. Wanted beer and I wanted to support a local small business. They’re doing drive-thru beer sales in the lot out front—pull up to the right of the traffic cones, roll down your window and tell them what you want, and pay (credit or debit only) while another employee fills your order. I got two crowlers of Monumental IPA. They are not filling customers' growlers right now to avoid the risk of infection from handling items they haven’t controlled, which is why I opted for crowlers—I don’t want to buy another growler.

Beer at the grocery store is certainly less expensive, but it’s nice to help out the local places if possible. I don’t know whether Fair Winds in Newington is doing something similar. Might drive past there tomorrow to see. I know I could call, but it’s a good excuse to run the cars since we're not moving them very often these days.

If you’re in Alexandria, Unwind has two locations- super good beer selection (wine too) and really nice owners (they just opened a wine/beer bar too - so not a good time for everything to shut down). I ordered by phone (just told them the brands I like and New England IPA around 7-8% and let them pick) a pulled up front and they put it in the trunk