Author Topic: Other Team's Fans Starting To Hate Nats  (Read 3081 times)

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL
Re: Other Team's Fans Starting To Hate Nats
« Reply #1: August 21, 2012, 11:46:38 PM »
Na, the only team in the NL I hate are the Phillies and that's mostly due to their fans.

The nats are like that ridiculously unathletic kid on the football team that a lot of the other kids make fun of who one day comes into a blowout game and somehow manages to score a TD. You can't help but feel good for him after all the abuse he's taken.

That being said, I will definintly be rooting against them in the playoffs.
:lmao:

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #2: August 21, 2012, 11:48:20 PM »
This is good. Are the Nats officially a real team yet?

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-Braves&tid=163562

It looks like the only one who hates the Nats is the first poster, who also apparently hates mullets.  Many of the others actually have nice things to say and are pretty classy.  I feel the same way - the Braves are a good team and I certainly don't hate them. 

May the best team win.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #3: August 21, 2012, 11:52:23 PM »
Ehh, some in there are just sore losers and bandwagon haters.  If the Braves aren't number one then whoever is ahead is the team that is "hated".  I don't jive with the whole "spoiler" thing either.  Good teams should beat worse teams, and every game should have the same weight on the outcome at the end of the year.

I try not to use the word hate for a team.  Personally out of the NL East, I really dislike the Phillies FANBASE, that stupid Chop, the dumb homerun sculpture at Marlins Park, and thats about it.  I don't really hate any franchise, but some players just piss me off.  Case and point, Hanley freaking Ramirez.

It's ok to have opinions and root for your team and I even understand getting pissed off at the other team in the heat of the moment.  The caveat here is that don't at least appreciate the other team for certain players or struggles or what have you, then I feel you are missing out on a large part of the game.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #4: August 21, 2012, 11:58:22 PM »
does he know what a mullet is because it's now what Werth is sporting.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #5: August 22, 2012, 12:02:19 AM »
:lmao:

I kinda love that comment.

Also, I WAS that kid. Except it was a buzzer-beating game-tying three-pointer which was my first basket of the week, and possibly my first basket of the competitive part of the gym class. Who knows why I had the ball.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #6: August 22, 2012, 03:36:16 AM »
We're the team that people want to be.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #7: August 22, 2012, 06:32:37 AM »
Let them hate, so long as they fear

Offline R-Zim#11

« Reply #8: August 22, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »
Honestly, I don't hate the Braves like I do the Phillies Marlins and Mets (in that order)

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #9: August 22, 2012, 08:58:56 AM »
I dislike the braves fans more than mets or marlins- both of those teams are almost as familiar with losing are, braves fans haven't had that for awhile and I don't like entitled fan bases

Offline Sharp

« Reply #10: August 22, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »
Honestly, I don't hate the Braves like I do the Phillies Marlins and Mets (in that order)
I think the biggest reason Nats fans don't hate the Braves as much as they do the Phillies or Marlins is because the Nats have been paradoxically successful against them even when we sucked.  Not sure about the Mets though, I don't hate them so much as I like making fun of them.  It's not that they haven't had great teams at times, they are just way too easy to mock.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #11: August 22, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »
If you put aside Braves fans tomahawk chopping, the Braves are not a d-bag team, and the fans are not d-bags either.

Except the chop.

I think the biggest reason Nats fans don't hate the Braves as much as they do the Phillies or Marlins is because the Nats have been paradoxically successful against them even when we sucked.  The Mets are a little different... but hating (or more accurately making fun of) the Mets is really easy and enjoyable.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #12: August 22, 2012, 09:34:23 AM »
does he know what a mullet is because it's now what Werth is sporting.

If he doesn't know what a mullet is he's not from Atlanta.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #13: August 22, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
If you put aside Braves fans tomahawk chopping, the Braves are not a d-bag team, and the fans are not d-bags either.

Except the chop.

+1

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #14: August 22, 2012, 09:54:09 AM »
Hatersgonnahate.jpg

Offline Hogie

« Reply #15: August 22, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »
Braves fans don't seem to be the brightest. I was reading another board of theirs where they were discussing whether Bourn will/should get a qualifying offer......um, WHAT?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #16: August 22, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »

Yeah, partly because, as said above, the Braves aren't a douchebag team, and partly because I still have leftover love for Greg Maddux that I associate with them.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #17: August 22, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »
I just hate the chop.  It's like the wave honestly.

Aside from that, you sometimes get a jerk who is pissed that the Braves aren't in first.  Yes the Braves have been good for a long time and that because of that, they have many fans that don't care until the postseason hits and either go "YEA BRAVES!" or "BRAVES SUCK CUZ THEY MISSED THE PLAYOFFS".

It's a weird dynamic they have.

Offline Clever

« Reply #18: August 22, 2012, 11:32:36 PM »
Ewwww MLB forums....

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #19: August 22, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
Atlanta fans are delusional

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
« Reply #20: August 22, 2012, 11:54:48 PM »
This is good. Are the Nats officially a real team yet?

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-Braves&tid=163562[/url

EDIT: I don't think we have many/any of these people here, but please be sure not to get on their boards and post anything that would make the Nats fanbase seem rude and/or unclassy.

I don't see why they could hate the Nats.  As you all know, my first love is the Cleveland Indians - such has been established.  But I'm also a big Nats fan.  I was one of the guys who would go around door to door and ask people's support for a team in D.C. (Granted I had the door shut in my face a few times, but you know what?  I wouldn't have changed anything about it).

The Nats fans, by in large part are quite classy.  Very cool to talk with - very chill - AND LOVE THEIR TEAM.  I love watching fans who are passionate about their teams, rather than the ones who are nonchalant about them.

The players on the Nationals don't have any horrible attitudes either.  Usually those can rub people the wrong way too on a team.  Bryce Harper soured a few people with some of his actions in the minors, but all have to remember...in a sense, he's still a kid.  May be a young adult, but he's under 20.  Hell, when I was younger than 20 I'm sure me myself did things that people older didn't find too kosher.  He's young.  And he's maturing over the year and will in time too.  Ryan Zimmerman, Stras, Gio, and a few others are really stand-up guys and care not only about the fans but the community.

It's not like there's an Albert Belle on the team chasing kids on Halloween in his SUV or beating the heat in the stadium clubhouse with a bat and turning it so cold you could store meat...

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #21: August 23, 2012, 08:43:59 AM »
At last night's game, I was near an ATL fan who started to get on Zimmerman when he sailed a throw last night.  he seemed to have had a few, but after a couple of jibes, he then said he actually liked RZ and it was sort of a heat of the moment / few nights of frustration / getting even for some things said about chipper reaction.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #22: August 23, 2012, 09:45:02 AM »
At last night's game, I was near an ATL fan who started to get on Zimmerman when he sailed a throw last night.  he seemed to have had a few, but after a couple of jibes, he then said he actually liked RZ and it was sort of a heat of the moment / few nights of frustration / getting even for some things said about chipper reaction.

Those guys shouting "Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrryyyyyyy" were really annoying.

As were some Bravos fans around me.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #23: August 23, 2012, 10:51:59 PM »
Those guys shouting "Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrryyyyyyy" were really annoying.

As were some Bravos fans around me.

:P  Guilty!  Heard it drives Chipper crazy!  Have done it ever since!!!!

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #24: August 24, 2012, 08:42:12 AM »

Except the chop.

I used to believe this until I went to Monday's Nats-Braves games.  If the players name isn't Chipper they don't give 2 craps about them.  Between the fan that heckled Harper in CF but then leaned over 4 people and caught a ball he tossed into that stands that was intended for a girl wearing a Harper shirt, then turning around a popping his Braves shirt to the entire section to the fans that assured me they would never want Bryce Harper on their team, he was a waste of an All-Star spot etc..