Author Topic: Mr Rubenstein, upgrade the MASN app  (Read 122 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Mr Rubenstein, upgrade the MASN app
« Topic Start: April 24, 2024, 09:12:48 PM »
One weird thing about the MASN app is that they don't show all of the same commercials as on the regular channel, often they'll just show a logo and have 30 seconds of silence. Another weird thing is that sometimes the app just locks up, so I'm waiting for the commercial to end with no way of knowing that the app has frozen and missed a couple batters.

Other things that Rubenstein needs to fix:
1) The lag between real time and the video.
2) The lag between the audio and the video.
3) Needs to have basic pause, rewind, and fast forward functions.
4) Needs to have one touch access to the live games, I only open the MASN app to watch the games, remember that I'm a Nats fan and take me straight to the game.
5) Needs to have archived games.

Offline machpost

Re: Mr Rubenstein, upgrade the MASN app
« Reply #1: April 25, 2024, 08:54:29 AM »
The app really is about as bad as such an app could be. It's clear that they either went cheap with the tech or some halfwit Angelos nephew built the thing.

But to be fair, the Monumental Sports Network app also sucks, though not quite as bad.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2: April 25, 2024, 09:47:23 AM »
It would be nice too if it kept the video feed going in a small box if you move away from the app (as Youtube and so many other video / streaming apps do).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #3: April 25, 2024, 09:55:20 AM »
It would be nice too if it kept the video feed going in a small box if you move away from the app (as Youtube and so many other video / streaming apps do).

Right, so that if I get a call or need to check something I don't need to reopen the MASN app, navigate to the Live TV tab and watch another 30 second commercial before the game comes back on.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #4: April 25, 2024, 09:56:25 AM »
The app really is about as bad as such an app could be. It's clear that they either went cheap with the tech or some halfwit Angelos nephew built the thing.

But to be fair, the Monumental Sports Network app also sucks, though not quite as bad.

Pretty decent video quality.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #5: April 30, 2024, 10:34:08 PM »
Next request, better compatibility with more hardware devices. I can get the MASN app on my phone and Fire Stick but not directly on my TV or on my laptop.